SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

50 minutes ago, northernraider said:

At least the one in Duluth is an actual aquarium and not a roadside aquatic petting zoo. 

$50,000,0000 will do that.

(Todays inflation adjusted cost of the building.)

Anyone could have one too with all that government money the state of Minnesota and Duluth have spent on it.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

Duluth subsidizes their aquarium with hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Some people like aquariums.

Some people dont.

Would hard to get a consensus on anything I suppose.

There is a consensus on complaining.  Not enough to do for young people, don't get good enough recruits.  Why can't we have this, Why can't we have that?   You can never please that crowd because that is their joy in life. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If you want a science museum, contact your legislator.  Bismarck and Minot are both getting state-funded science museums in the next couple years.

so a city asks for it and the state pays for it...all you have do to is ask???

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

An air museum has been talked about for 20 years now. At least it orginally included a monorail!

http://grandforkslife.blogspot.com/2007/07/what-about-that-monorail.html

Im warming to an actual monorail loop idea.

The College Hockey Hall of Fame thing is something that needs to be added to the REA, I always thought it would go good between the main entrance and the bookstore.

It could be a combined structure... HOF and upper level monorail station.

monorail...let's get real

but....you would think that on old fashioned trolley cart that would run from the Union to the end of university from 6am to midnight or so would be awesome....

right down middle of university...free...just jump on and off wherever....

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

My GOBC informed me they are working on a children's museum for GF and a large sum of money has already been raised.

City planning docs have shown for quite a while now that they are pushing for one in the land adjacent to the Alerus Center.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

City planning docs have shown for quite a while now that they are pushing for one in the land adjacent to the Alerus Center.

What's likely to happen is...one of the ag equipment auction houses will fold and the stuff will just rust into place right there in the south parking lot.  They'll throw up a building around those and call it the ag exhibit. 

Then they'll rope off part of the tailgating area while in use, and call that the "Effects of alcohol consumption" wing.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 10:13 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

It really is more of a Shelbyville...err Bisonville idea.

SPOT ON FROZEN:-/

NOT - go back 6 posts you hack.   Nice try to be funny though - you will have a first time I'm sure:-/   Wah-WAHHHHHH

On 8/4/2021 at 10:32 AM, Kab said:

Can’t we go see fish at Cabelas?

Sure rednecks can!   There's a fish you can catch at any lake in ND but here you are in store looking at a fishtank with local native fish in it - WAY TO EXPAND YOUR MIND Cletus!    Why don't you ask that nice kid in a Cabela's shirt how YOU can catch such exotic creatures?   WAIT FOR IT -

Clerk:  "Uuuhhhh with all the bait and lures we have in our store sir?"

I'm guessing with all the products you sell in your store.

No, Kab - a fishing version of TARGE is NOT a chance to expand your mind or intelligence....sorry to say

Go ahead and waste the city money

they said they could put it up without the money, call their bluff 

I would like to see a financial statement on how much revenue they think they can pull in with this