SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

Really positive for the Air Force Base, Grand Forks and UND. Hoeven says there will be growth, but doesn’t elaborate. Still, an investment this large in GFAFB is huge. 

Grand Forks Air Force Base to lead future intelligence surveillance reconnaissance missions

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/7169213-Grand-Forks-Air-Force-Base-to-lead-future-intelligence-surveillance-reconnaissance-missions

• Upvote 3

On 8/26/2021 at 10:48 PM, forksandspoons said:

Really positive for the Air Force Base, Grand Forks and UND. Hoeven says there will be growth, but doesn’t elaborate. Still, an investment this large in GFAFB is huge. 

Grand Forks Air Force Base to lead future intelligence surveillance reconnaissance missions

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/7169213-Grand-Forks-Air-Force-Base-to-lead-future-intelligence-surveillance-reconnaissance-missions

President of Grand Sky calls this a "jackpot" for Grand Forks: 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/business/7173807-As-the-Air-Force-retires-some-Global-Hawks-local-leaders-hope-to-make-Grand-Forks-a-hub-to-repurpose-them

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2021 at 3:50 PM, ksixpack said:

Any idea when the new Hugo’s will open downtown?  Why are they dragging their feet; was supposed to be open in the spring.  The apartments on the upper floors have been occupied since June 1st.  Hugo’s doesn’t even make any mention of this new store on their Facebook page or their website…strange lack of marketing for a huge investment.

Still not open and still no mention of it opening on any of Hugo’s media sites…wtf is going on?

1 hour ago, ksixpack said:

Still not open and still no mention of it opening on any of Hugo’s media sites…wtf is going on?

goes to show how long "shelved" items last...some rows have non-perishable stuff have been on the shelves for weeks now....

looks cool in there..naming ailes after roads in town...old school pics on the wall....wonder if they are only hiring only vaxxed people ...if so good luck

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

The owner is a rich moron.

Doubt they built it to sit empty

i would guess staffing issues

i see the 3 new 7 story buildings at the old townhouse site are set to start this month

16 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

haven't been too much activity over there since it got knocked down

The developers were on the radio yesterday talking about the project and start do in September 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Within a month if I had to put my money on something.
More than a couple reasons for the delays but it is going to be a big thing for downtown once its up and running.

I am aware of the actual issues with the project. My point was that there were ridiculous reasons for delays.