SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

On 6/12/2021 at 9:49 PM, Cratter said:

I get bad cramps working outside in the heat. Bought some potassium pills last year to try and combat.

100 degrees last week I figure I better get those out of storage.

Color me surprised when I finally looked at the label.

99 mg of potassium. 

2% of Daily Value. What's the point of even selling these.  Its literally the same amount as one bite of a banana.

I thought krampade was just another electrolyte sports mix. I was wrong. So I bought my first bag.

4,000 mg of potassium in one scoop. Great results. Highly recommended on function not flavor.

Pickle juice for a quick fix. Also for waking up with leg and feet cramps.

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Official numbers should be released soon. 

Doesnt the census release estimates every year or two?

Yes and the estimates tend to be very accurate in most cases. That’s why it’s alarming to see that ND grew by 107k people from 2010 to 2020 yet the 3rd largest city only grew by 800 people (listed estimate). Grand Forks hit a major slump for many reasons and just can’t seem to get out 

14 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Yes and the estimates tend to be very accurate in most cases. That’s why it’s alarming to see that ND grew by 107k people from 2010 to 2020 yet the 3rd largest city only grew by 800 people (listed estimate). 

What are you even talking about?

GF didnt grow by 800 people the last 10 years.

I'm not sure if you're 12, bad at reading comprehension, or just trolling.

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Pickle juice for a quick fix. Also for waking up with leg and feet cramps.

Tried that once. After a worse cramps I ever had.

Drank way too much....thinking more is better.

Spent the entire night glued to the toilet.

27 minutes ago, Cratter said:

What are you even talking about?

GF didnt grow by 800 people the last 10 years.

I'm not sure if you're 12, bad at reading comprehension, or just trolling.

All estimates I’m seeing for both Grand Forks population and Grand Forks MSA are showing between 800-1200 growth from 2010-2020. In some cases it appears slightly less when updated with 2021 populations. What are you seeing if you believe me and essentially all online estimates appear to be incorrect in your opinion? I’m not sure if you’re just too old and senile to utilize online resources or if you just can’t read. 

16 minutes ago, northernraider said:

It is just a $1 million subsidy for a few, low wage jobs...what could go wrong?!

I’ll give it kudos for a creative idea for the K-mart space. Overall, with the asks/requests seems like a snake oil salesperson. Ha! 

GF should look hard at the concrete data/numbers if they pursue this. 

Just now, SiouxForever said:

I’ll give it kudos for a creative idea for the K-mart space. Overall, with the asks/requests seems like a snake oil salesperson. Ha! 

"either give us a million dollars or we will find someone to give us 2 million dollars?"

17 minutes ago, northernraider said:

It is just a $1 million subsidy for a few, low wage jobs...what could go wrong?!

Something fishing about that CEO.  He's saying that he has over 60 cities wanting this and willing to pay up to 3.5 million for the honor.  If your the CEO wouldn't you pick the city with the most up side, unless he considers GF that town.

15 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Canad Inn tried something similar with the waterpark.

Wouldnt be bad idea to give a forgivable loan based on 10 years prorated if closed early.

10 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Something fishing about that CEO.  He's saying that he has over 60 cities wanting this and willing to pay up to 3.5 million for the honor.  If your the CEO wouldn't you pick the city with the most up side, unless he considers GF that town.

Including Brockway, Ogdenville, AND North Haverbrook.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, northernraider said:

I would not be surprised if Minot overtakes or come very close to Grand Forks once the 2020 final numbers are released. 

Could be. 

Only two "cities" in the western part of the state, and Bismarck doesnt have that much of an advantage over Minot currently.

With Minot being closer to the (formerly?) growing oil patch to draw from.

26 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Could be. 

Only two "cities" in the western part of the state, and Bismarck doesnt have that much of an advantage over Minot currently.

With Minot being closer to the (formerly?) growing oil patch to draw from.

Minot is a dump though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how did/does the duluth aquarium do?

Was there this past weekend.  Nice place and seemed to have a steady inflow of customers, but I can't speak to the overall financials.  It is better located (near the waterfront/downtown/Amsoil Arena) and in a better looking building though.  Also, Duluth is a much more "touristy" town than Grand Forks, with the North Shore and the big water.

• Upvote 1