SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks Economy

UND Fan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Columbia Rd overpass by the U was closed in both directions overnight Sunday through Monday morning, Aug. 17.

The finger joint on the north side of the overpass buckled causing the closure.

A joint at the northerly end of a Columbia Road railway overpass 'buckled' over the Fourth of July weekend, prompting city staff to restrict traffic there to one lane traveling in either direction. Photo courtesy of the city of Grand Forks.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/6620346-Columbia-Road-overpass-in-Grand-Forks-closed-in-both-directions

• 2 weeks later...

I live in a Sanford dominated community and find it funny how people here want competition against Sanford, yet in Grand Forks everyone wants them to compete with Altru. Just shows how no one is happy with what is available! FYI, I have had experienced hospital stays with both Altru and Sanford, no issue with either.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Fargo to get huge new amazon facility. Leave grand forks enter Fargo seems to be name of the game 

fed ex and amazon

whose next

This list will get longer by the month. The tipping point is far gone. GF is no longer business competition for anyone other than EGF and Crookston. I don’t expect to see any new Major businesses moving to Gf anytime in the foreseeable future. They’ve even dropped the ball on UAV business development in a big way in my opinion. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

This list will get longer by the month. The tipping point is far gone. GF is no longer business competition for anyone other than EGF and Crookston. I don’t expect to see any new Major businesses moving to Gf anytime in the foreseeable future. They’ve even dropped the ball on UAV business development in a big way in my opinion. 

Unfortunately it is to be expected in a town that still feels it biggest recent accomplishment is getting a Chic-fik-A a few years back.  I like Mayor Bo but Grand Forks needed him at least 4 and ideally 8 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, TheFlop said:

Unfortunately it is to be expected in a town that still feels it biggest recent accomplishment is getting a Chic-fik-A a few years back.  I like Mayor Bo but Grand Forks needed him at least 4 and ideally 8 years ago.

They needed ANYONE other than Brown at least 8 years ago. It’s unbelievable the ground GF has lost in the past 10 years compared to other similar cities. GF was very similar to Fargo, Bismarck and Sioux Falls 10-15 years ago. Now look at the differences, it’s unbelievable how far GF has fallen behind. And I’ll give you a hint, it’s not just because GF only has one interstate going through town. 

Mayor Bo will make some improvements, but in reality, it’s an impossible uphill battle to get back on pace with the peer-cities. I’m hopeful GF can at least move at their own pace in a better upward trend, and can capitalize on some of their niches and maybe even find a few new ones. At this point they have to find those because they won’t be able to compete with Fargo, SF and Bis for any common industry businesses wanting to move to the semi-local area. 

10 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

They needed ANYONE other than Brown at least 8 years ago. It’s unbelievable the ground GF has lost in the past 10 years compared to other similar cities. GF was very similar to Fargo, Bismarck and Sioux Falls 10-15 years ago. Now look at the differences, it’s unbelievable how far GF has fallen behind. And I’ll give you a hint, it’s not just because GF only has one interstate going through town. 

Mayor Bo will make some improvements, but in reality, it’s an impossible uphill battle to get back on pace with the peer-cities. I’m hopeful GF can at least move at their own pace in a better upward trend, and can capitalize on some of their niches and maybe even find a few new ones. At this point they have to find those because they won’t be able to compete with Fargo, SF and Bis for any common industry businesses wanting to move to the semi-local area. 

But it only has 1 ILS that hurts when the wind is out of the south. 

how much did GF spend on a pile of rocks by the alerus?  

what's the number to call to report all the junk sitting around the area around the urban stampede?  it's starting to look like a homeless camp in that area. there seems to a homeless australian around there that thinks painting garbage white and placing in the middle of the sidewalk is "artsy".

• Upvote 1

When will the hospital be back on track?

are they waiting for Sanford to take it over and finish it?

i see,Minot Hospital just extend their finish timeline and added another 100 m? And switched general contractors