SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2013-14 season

Frozen4sioux

Playing center at the next level is hard...even Toews didn't play center much as a frosh.

Tambellini and Johnson can get spelled by Mark Mac playing pivot early in the year.

I think we're crazy if we split up Rocco and Cags or Mark Mac and Parks

To me, Tambellini and Murphy round out those top two lines-

Third line has Johnson, OD, and St. Clair written all over it, if OD can get his game back

Energy will have Pattyn and Rodwell and then a dog fight for that final winger- Gaarder certainly has heart, and Mitch Mac can skate...Chyzyk has some scoring upside...then there's the new guys...

After Simpson and Schmaltz, I don't have a clue at who will play on D two nights per weekend. I think it will be a rotation early.

Just a question....but why Rocco and Cags?

Rocco centers the first unit, Mark Mac the second, St. Clair the third, Pattyn the fourth. I think Gaarder could fit in there as well, but those four are the guys I think start the season there.

I think this team will miss Corban more than they know in the faceoff circle. Man was he lights out.

I think the opposite will happen. I think it'll be Thompson rotating in. I know Thompson's the draft pick and all, but Stetcher was d-man of the year in the BCHL, so he's no slouch. I just think Stetcher is more experienced and older, and Thompson really struggled at the end of last season.

I still find it hard to believe that Thompson is ready for this level. He must of really improved the last couple years because when I saw him play for the Force he looked lost. He is probably the freshman I am most curious about to see how he does.

@SchlossmanGF: Among the NCHC's postseason awards, it will give out defensive forward of the year and offensive defenseman of the year.

@SchlossmanGF: Also of note, only coaches and captains voting on postseason awards. Better hope they aren't as petty as those in WCHA women's league.

@SchlossmanGF: Among the NCHC's postseason awards, it will give out defensive forward of the year and offensive defenseman of the year.

@SchlossmanGF: Also of note, only coaches and captains voting on postseason awards. Better hope they aren't as petty as those in WCHA women's league.

Yeah, that's a very good point... The Twins were snubbed pretty good and were two of the best players in the league.

I still find it hard to believe that Thompson is ready for this level. He must of really improved the last couple years because when I saw him play for the Force he looked lost. He is probably the freshman I am most curious about to see how he does.

When he played against the Sioux at the Ralph last year, he didn't look out of place at all.

When he played against the Sioux at the Ralph last year, he didn't look out of place at all.

Ditto....he'll be pretty raw but is a great player. Monitor is minutes, ease him in, and don't put him in a spot to fail. Give the kid confidence and he'll be an awesome sophomore and junior.

Ditto....he'll be pretty raw but is a great player. Monitor is minutes, ease him in, and don't put him in a spot to fail. Give the kid confidence and he'll be an awesome sophomore and junior.

He seems pretty young to be coming in this year. He left high school to go to Ann Arbor after his freshman year and spent two years at Ann Arbor so, if I'm figuring right, agewise he's a high school senior this year. Must be physically mature and talented beyond his years.

I think it's time for some better looking unis. These just don't do it for me.

I agree and probably would be much better if the replica had a number on it. That's not how it works but I think that's the issue for me that makes these just average. The replica jerseys have a empty feel with that gap where the number goes.

and yes lets hope they only go with these for a few years

That green is terrible!

Why do we have so much trouble getting a decent green for our jerseys - look at the pea green crap the football team had. Please don't mention the color number - we need someone who isn't colorblind to eyeball the colors on the jerseys. Quoting the number without looking at the jerseys is meaningless. We have had some great jerseys in the past - doesn't anyone look at them before ordering any more?