SiouxSports.com Forum

UND 2013-14 season

Frozen4sioux

Prices at REA are astronomical. I'll eat at home before the game whenever possible. I do like the fountain Coke, it is reasonably priced. But I generally avoid everything else.

They are bad, but have you been to the X lately? Last time I checked, a bag of M&M's in the suite level was $40. I kid you not.

They are bad, but have you been to the X lately? Last time I checked, a bag of M&M's in the suite level was $40. I kid you not.

Yeah, during my many trips to the Final Five, I noticed that the X has even higher prices than REA. $40 for a freaking bag of M&M's? I better get a whole case of M&M's for that! But my waistline doesn't need the calories. :p

Yes, REA is on campus. UND has owned that property for many years. The article even mentions that the REA is on campus, but received an exemption on the smoking policy. The majority of people don't like smoking, and things are moving very quickly in this direction. Besides, how many people are going out in the middle of the parking lot for a smoke when it is -20 with a 20+ mph wind from the north.

I believe that The Ralph is not on campus. It is against state law to have alcohol on campus and they could not sell beer at The Ralph if it was on campus. UND does not own The Ralph.

I believe that The Ralph is not on campus. It is against state law to have alcohol on campus and they could not sell beer at The Ralph if it was on campus. UND does not own The Ralph.

UND owns the property. It is leased to the REA. There is a contract in place to turn over ownership of the building to UND after 30 years (I think that number is right) as long as certain factors are met. The main factor is that the building has to be self-sustaining. It is part of campus. They have a special exemption to serve alcohol. They have a similar exemption for the new Gorecki Alumni Center and have had temporary exemptions for other buildings for special events. For example, they have had events at the Chester Fritz and the President's House. REA is considered to be part of the campus.

I think if this team gels they are a potential top 5 team. I am certain this team has more talent than Yale or Quinnepiac (still can't spell it) did last year. So you just never know...

You hit the nail on the head...if the scoring comes together ...as it tends to and I think will.....get into the tourney and then well?..

Wide open

Quinnipiac had so many seniors.....easy to see why they had the success they did.

2013-2014 UND Hockey

~Lots of young guys on D......

~Plenty of 3rd year guys that need to step up and take over the scoring haul from the dearly departed......

~Two pretty good returning goaltenders.....

~Last time UND had a freshman goaltender from the SJHL they won the national championship........

Easy to see where this year is going.

Quinnipiac had so many seniors.....easy to see why they had the success they did.

2013-2014 UND Hockey

~Lots of young guys on D......

~Plenty of 3rd year guys that need to step up and take over the scoring haul from the dearly departed......

~Two pretty good returning goaltenders.....

~Last time UND had a freshman goaltender from the SJHL they won the national championship........

Easy to see where this year is going.

I actually was talking about what needs to happen this year to a friend and I actually said we need guys like Mike Parks and Brendan O'Donnell to step the *bleep* up. O'Donnell was injured most of his freshman year, but when he wasn't I thought he was really good. Last season is another story. And Parks was really coming along towards the end of freshman year and then last year he got injured and just never really got it going. Those two just need to get some confidence back and regain some mojo to put the puck in the net.

Those are just two examples I thought of, but if other guys want to pick up some slack, that is OKAY with me.

I actually was talking about what needs to happen this year to a friend and I actually said we need guys like Mike Parks and Brendan O'Donnell to step the *bleep* up. O'Donnell was injured most of his freshman year, but when he wasn't I thought he was really good. Last season is another story. And Parks was really coming along towards the end of freshman year and then last year he got injured and just never really got it going. Those two just need to get some confidence back and regain some mojo to put the puck in the net.

Those are just two examples I thought of, but if other guys want to pick up some slack, that is OKAY with me.

Please include Rocco, Gaarder, St. Clair. Need some point production.