SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

14 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Also, has anyone ever had anything actually decent at Tavern United? 2/10

Is this a serious question?

Tavern is hands down the worst food ever served in Grand Forks.

At least the microwaves at Applebee's nuke most of the ecoli..

IMHO... the wings are terrible, dominoes wings are easily better.

Tavern is the Columbia Mall of food establishments... an embarrassment to the city and state for anyone visiting.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Is this a serious question?

Tavern is hands down the worst food ever served in Grand Forks.

At least the microwaves at Applebee's nuke most of the ecoli..

IMHO... the wings are terrible, dominoes wings are easily better.

Tavern is the Columbia Mall of food establishments... an embarrassment to the city and state for anyone visiting.

I don’t think I can disagree with this. 

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It should probably be on a plaque outside the place so people visiting know that we know and aren't proud its there.

Unfortunately the Canad has just gone downhill, albeit, slowly over the last 10-12 years. It’s still really nice and for now (until Olive Ann is completed) is the nicest hotel in town, and largest, and it’s full service. Connected to Alerus, etc.  it’s nice and big. It has it pluses and benefits. But it  needs some TLC, a capital injection and maybe re do one of the restaurants or just step it up a little. It’s still coasting off of itself just “being the canad” 

I still really enjoy the place, but it’s been sad watching it’s *VERY slowly just kind of age and nobody in management care enough to keep it pristine. It’s still nice for the record, but in another 10 years without some love it’s going to just continue. 

On 9/24/2022 at 7:42 AM, FightingSU said:

Also, has anyone ever had anything actually decent at Tavern United? 2/10

Only place in town I know of where you can get Smithwicks on tap*. Love that stuff. Other than that, it's been a very underwhelming meal the couple times I've eaten there.

*the Cay used to have it so many years ago but I haven't been there in quite a while... anyone know if they've brought it back?

Molly Yeh's restaurant opening this weekend with an Open House on Saturday.  Signage pays homage to the old Whitey's font (and heritage)   This will be a huge add to the EGF Restaurant scene!  MUCH BETTER that when Dave Norman took over the (relocated but still historic) WHITEYS and crushed it into the ground like a stale PallMall with his horrible menu and pricing.  What an a-hole! 

Molly will do MUCH BETTER - check it out!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

Molly Yeh's restaurant opening this weekend with an Open House on Saturday.  Signage pays homage to the old Whitey's font (and heritage)   This will be a huge add to the EGF Restaurant scene!  MUCH BETTER that when Dave Norman took over the (relocated but still historic) WHITEYS and crushed it into the ground like a stale PallMall with his horrible menu and pricing.  What an a-hole! 

Molly will do MUCH BETTER - check it out!

Yeah, can’t wait for the baloney sandwiches…;)