SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

5 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I could see us loosing new missions with fufeng in our back yard

What missions?

This airbase literally has zero airplanes. 

They have like one or two of those RC planes they fly around to look busy every few months.

That is when they aren't crashing it into the nearby corn fields.

17 minutes ago, Cratter said:

What missions?

This airbase literally has zero airplanes. 

They have like one or two of those RC planes they fly around to look busy every few months.

That is when they aren't crashing it into the nearby corn fields.

Many other states would live a drone air base.  You are missing the point.  So give up the UAV.  

8 hours ago, tnt said:

Guess I don't know how they infiltrate the base any better than a person in the aviation department posing as a UND student.  If the Chinese wanted to do something I would guess they would camouflage it rather than have a big Chinese Company with supposed red flags do their dirty work.   Do we propose kicking all the Chinese students off campus because they have the potential to be a security risk?   Just a rhetorical question, I don't want to hijack this thread and make it about Fufeng.   Speaking of licking their chops ...

ummmmm.....if they were born in China and they are here in the USA they are 100% CCP and obligated to report back to the CCP anything they know....so yes.  I drive Uber in GF...pickup Japanese and they'll talk your ear off....pickup Chinese they assume you're (the white driver) a plant by the CCP to get them to talk....so they don't....they just "yes"..."no"...thank you"....that's it....they are here bc the CCP allows it bc their family is CCP....so they won't jeopardize their stay in the good ol' USA by saying something loose.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Many other states would live a drone air base.  You are missing the point.  So give up the UAV.  

One dying airbase is gonna move because too many Republicans are scared of the Communist Chinese!

Haha

I get it better than most. Maybe I'm just better at reading between the lines. Michael Knowles and Rachel Maddow taught me that. Did you also watch the Daily Wires documentary Chinese: "The Enemy Within"? Seems right up your alley! Hit me up if you need anymore recommendations. Loose Change was a cult classic "in my day."

Lots of backwards logic why we let them into an aviation school by the drone full and why they have an aviation plant all in the same city....but "corn mill...that's over the line!"

Dude it's all political theater. Congrats for falling for it! I mean it's not that difficult for you though. You thought Williston would pass Fargo in population because of the oil. 

If you want real change, petition UND to stop allowing China to send over aviation students here and take our education back home to compete back against us! It's literally Chinatown on the west side of campus....but that would take independent thoughts and actions!

43 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

If you don't think Chinese have not inflitrated you are not paying attention.  They compromise many Americans.  A US Congressman.  A President .  Maybe a UND professor.  A Air Force personnel at GFAFB.  A drone company employee or spouse.  This is not complicated.  If you focus on economies you lost war.

exactly....just let em build it and find a !@#$%! employee to compromise thru a million different ways. and bob's your uncle...they know everything.

You know  - Gam Wong is still cooking Shangri-La entrees for Ground Round a couple days a week.   Great for the memories.   He also does his Phoenix Chicken for you daring Scandavian foodies not scared to find a jalapeno in your food.   Just like you remembered.   Bland in overall taste yet oddly comforting for old school Shangri-La fans.  Give it a shot

Fufeng belongs in ANOTHER thread - not here!     Get back on topic or the mods can come in and shut this topic down.

14 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Exactly. We do not Chinese investments in grand forks. It’s just ridiculous to me. How is it even a discussion 

Then you have a problem ...

The Cirrus Design Corporation, doing business as Cirrus Aircraft (formally Cirrus Design), is an aircraft manufacturer that was founded in 1984 by Alan and Dale Klapmeier to produce the VK-30 kit aircraft. The company is owned by a subsidiary of the Chinese government-owned AVIC, and is headquartered in Duluth, Minnesota, United States, with additional operational locations in six other states across the US, including North Dakota, Tennessee (where its customer headquarters are based), Texas, Arizona, Florida and Michigan, as well as sales locations in France and the Netherlands.[6][7][8][9][10]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirrus_Aircraft 

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

Nobody can compete with Panda Buffet.

Many have tried all have failed.

Full parking lot everyday. 

I have never actually eaten here. I don’t doubt it would be better than anything back where I am from. The buffets here are trash. Is this one actually decent? 

23 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

You know  - Gam Wong is still cooking Shangri-La entrees for Ground Round a couple days a week.   Great for the memories.   He also does his Phoenix Chicken for you daring Scandavian foodies not scared to find a jalapeno in your food.   Just like you remembered.   Bland in overall taste yet oddly comforting for old school Shangri-La fans.  Give it a shot

Fufeng belongs in ANOTHER thread - not here!     Get back on topic or the mods can come in and shut this topic down.

would be great if gam opened up near tea and crepe downtown somewhere....dinner with gam...desert at tea and crepe and a movie at the empire....let's go!!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, FightingSU said:

I have never actually eaten here. I don’t doubt it would be better than anything back where I am from. The buffets here are trash. Is this one actually decent? 

It's en vogue to hate on things. So when someone says "it's bad". It's hard to believe them.

I've learned the more you eat at a restaurant the better it becomes. Chik-fil-a is a mediocre sandwhich loved my gazillions. Same goes for the Red Pepper.

The Panda gets better everytime you eat there (especially when you're high). Their Mongolian grill is superb. It put HuHut out of business. And that's just Panda's side hustle. Service is top notch always keep the food stocked. They only serve what is popular and don't try to market "the largest buffet" (cough Bismarck's buffet).

But then again don't be surprised if you see terrible reviews online. They've only been in GF for 20 years. 

As a Chinese buffet connoisseur across the region, Moorheads Chinese buffet had amazing peanut chicken. Wish more buffets had that option. Fried Rice is a Chinese food staple; that never seems quality at any buffet. Nine Dragons in Fargo (is a non buffet) is some of the best around. 

Pro Tip: half the battle is the quicker the turnaround, the better the food. Nobody wants a dry nugget because it sat under the heat lamp too long. Alexandria MN could have the best prepped Chinese food but because no one eats there it tastes like NDSU......Very little doubts about that at the Panda Buffet.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I've learned the more you eat at a restaurant the better it becomes. Chik-fil-a is a mediocre sandwhich loved my gazillions. Same goes for the Red Pepper.

No further questions your honor!  Chik-fil-a IS the new Red Pepper. SO POPULAR but no will admit it....Frankly mediocre

Gotta say it - bland unless you're totally drunk - but so many are it's a paradox.  Go figure!

16 hours ago, Cratter said:

It's en vogue to hate on things. So when someone says "it's bad". It's hard to believe them.

The Panda gets better everytime you eat there (especially when you're high). Their Mongolian grill is superb. It put HuHut out of business. And that's just Panda's side hustle. Service is top notch always keep the food stocked. They only serve what is popular and don't try to market "the largest buffet" (cough Bismarck's buffet).

But then again don't be surprised if you see terrible reviews online. They've only been in GF for 20 years. 

As a Chinese buffet connoisseur across the region, Moorheads Chinese buffet had amazing peanut chicken. Wish more buffets had that option. Fried Rice is a Chinese food staple; that never seems quality at any buffet. Nine Dragons in Fargo (is a non buffet) is some of the best around. 

Pro Tip: half the battle is the quicker the turnaround, the better the food. Nobody wants a dry nugget because it sat under the heat lamp too long. Alexandria MN could have the best prepped Chinese food but because no one eats there it tastes like NDSU......Very little doubts about that at the Panda Buffet.

16 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

No further questions your honor!  Chik-fil-a IS the new Red Pepper. SO POPULAR but no will admit it....Frankly mediocre

Gotta say it - bland unless you're totally drunk - but so many are it's a paradox.  Go 

Some may find Chikfila bland but hands down there's not a better piece of fried chicken for a sandwich in the Dakotas for sure if not the midwest.

Nine Dragons is up there tippy tip of the ratings IF

IF the staff isn't baked as an Easter ham.

Pepper is top quality 

FOR THE FOOD THAT IT IS

Nothing more, nothing less. You can't expect it to be the best mutt in the Kenel club show, but as far as back alley mutts go .. its pretty good.

and speaking of back alley mutts....

I havent had anything remotely Asian that beat that little place in Roseau for a long long time.... certainly not from a buffet. .... 

I've declared Asian buffets dead 

23 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Some may find Chikfila bland but hands down there's not a better piece of fried chicken for a sandwich in the Dakotas for sure if not the midwest.

Nine Dragons is up there tippy tip of the ratings IF

IF the staff isn't baked as an Easter ham.

Pepper is top quality 

FOR THE FOOD THAT IT IS

Nothing more, nothing less. You can't expect it to be the best mutt in the Kenel club show, but as far as back alley mutts go .. its pretty good.

and speaking of back alley mutts....

I havent had anything remotely Asian that beat that little place in Roseau for a long long time.... certainly not from a buffet. .... 

I've declared Asian buffets dead 

Pepper top quality? LOL! Colby cheese on a taco? Yea that’s high quality all right. I still eat there fwiw, I just don’t have delusions about it being anything to write home about. It is what it is. 

21 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Pepper top quality? LOL! Colby cheese on a taco? Yea that’s high quality all right. I still eat there fwiw, I just don’t have delusions about it being anything to write home about. It is what it is. 

Exactly,

for what it is worth, it is what it is, and it's top notch for exactly that, nothing more.

Long live the king of mediocre.

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

said this a million times....

someone needs to open up the "green pepper" downtown and stay open laaaaate....do everything the red pepper does but a little better and lot cheaper (like it used to be)

#easymoney

Bring back Hugo's bread

• Upvote 3