SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I'm not positive but I think it seats 12,238 but they'll sell up to 13,500 tickets (people can stand on the ends). I don't think the 12,238 number includes box seats either.

This is basically correct. There are 12,238 seats in the seating area. This does not include the suites. UND does not sell the suites, those are sold as a package deal by the Alerus Center. People that lease a suite get tickets to all events held in the arena including games and concerts. There is a little flex room in the suites so they can sell additional tickets, that is why they round the capacity off at 13,500. This also doesn't include standing room tickets. So they could probably squeeze almost 14,000 in the building if they really forced it.

Looking at the ticket availability on ticketmaster, there are still MANY tickets available for the games....even the Montana game. I know that UND football sells a lot of walk up tickets...but with the excitement of this season I would think that we would have at least the Montana game cloe to sold out. Maybe I am being overly optimistic....but there are deffinitely more seats available than I thought there would be after 1 day.

The Alerus wasn't even sold out for what everybody in the state knew would be the final game for the Nickel Trophy for many many years back in 2003, so I am not surprised that a game against Montana that won't take place for two months is not sold out after one day of selling tickets.

Win games and they will come. Bottom line.

What he said. My guess is that the bump in season ticket sales right now is more a function of being 8-3 last season and being a Top 25 team much of last year rather than the opponents on this season's schedule.

I probably won't buy season tickets since I actually prefer standing on the railing but will likely make it to every game with the possible exception of the Portland State game.

Even though I also stand in the end zone every game, I buy season tickets to support the cause.

• Upvote 3

Even though I also stand in the end zone every game, I buy season tickets to support the cause.

Agree - Champions Club and Season Tickets best way to support the cause. The growth of the Champions Club from 2000 to 2010 is impressive:

2000 1,156 members raised $860,000

2010 2,334 members raised $2,200,000

The Sports Network: 2012 Big Sky Conference Preview

OUTLOOK: An upgrade in the schedule and the extra travel from the far eastern end of the Big Sky will be taxing on North Dakota. But Mussman's squad has the most returning All-Great West honorees (11) and plays a sneaky good style in which its team is physical, runs the ball, plays a field-position game and wins games in the fourth quarter (UND won its last four games by 12 points last season). The Green and White rotate a lot of defensive players, almost like a hockey team working shifts. They have a 3-4 alignment and the strength is up front with DEs Brenneman and Nelson and NT Benjamin. QB Hanson, a big left- hander, has transferred in from North Carolina to run the offense for one season and has two exceptional offensive talents in RB Miller and WR Hardin, who was injured over the final three games last season. If you like a good block party, North Dakota tied for an FCS-high 10 kicks (six field goals, four extra points) last season. UND needs to have a strong September because the October portion of the schedule is quite difficult.

New UND sports show on Midco Sports Channel starts next Tuesday evening. No longer just a coaches show for football or hockey, the show will cover pretty much all UND sports. The show will run for 40 straight weeks, running right through the spring.

Can this be viewed by non-Midco subscribers anywhere? UNDinsider.com, Youtube, or Midcosportsnet.com?..........................

Can this be viewed by non-Midco subscribers anywhere? UNDinsider.com, Youtube, or Midcosportsnet.com?..........................

I don't know. I didn't ask that question. I would guess that some or all of it will show up in one of those spots. We will all probably find out in the next week or so.

UND Football Fanfest on Thursday, August 23rd at 6:00 PM in Memorial Stadium. Watch practice, meet the players and coaches, free food and giveaways. Great chance for the kids to meet the team.

just got back from Memorial. Midco did an OK job. Hammer spoke. Mussman spoke briefly and introduced his staff. I didn't know what to expect for a crowd, but I was somewhat surprised, fan numbers were roughly equal to the number of players. Free posters, mini-footballs and fridge magnet schedules giveways.

Looking forward to a week from tonight!

• Upvote 1

just got back from Memorial. Midco did an OK job. Hammer spoke. Mussman spoke briefly and introduced his staff. I didn't know what to expect for a crowd, but I was somewhat surprised, fan numbers were roughly equal to the number of players. Free posters, mini-footballs and fridge magnet schedules giveways.

Looking forward to a week from tonight!

Did they even advertise for that? I don't remember hearing anything about it/

Did they even advertise for that? I don't remember hearing anything about it/

mostly a lot of Social Media advertising ... Twitter, Facebook, UND Web sites. Coach Boyd was on the Big Dogz on KJ 108 on Wednesday morning. I am sure other coaches did the radio circuit too.