SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I don't know if theres any way that Kenny galladay will be red shirted this year. He's too good....

I believe what everyone is saying but I just find it weird how he was so under-recruited and wasn't even ranked on any recruiting sites. Was it because he didn't have the grades?

I believe what everyone is saying but I just find it weird how he was so under-recruited and wasn't even ranked on any recru iting sites. Was it because he didn't have the grades?

Who knows. Recruiting is a Crap shoot. Jerry Rice played FCS among others. Recruiting rankings mean next to nothing aside from the obvious studs.

I believe what everyone is saying but I just find it weird how he was so under-recruited and wasn't even ranked on any recruiting sites. Was it because he didn't have the grades?

He's wiry thin, a hair under top FBS receiver standards in the 40, and grades should never be ruled out in these kinds of situations ( However, UND might be a perfect fit for someone who might have gotten lost in the academic black hole of a bigger FBS school). But who knows? Just count our blessings we'll get a chance to see him shine on Saturday someday.

Oliver looks really good, with huge upside. Fletcher has been quiet, aside from a couple of nice catches where he bailed out the QBs. Their size alone makes them stand out vs. many of the upperclassmen on the squad. I think spring ball '13 will be a real coming out party for both.

Off topic I know, but doesn't coach Mannausau look a little like the kid from the Blindside?

I can see that. Another off topic, when I am watching practices, Coach K gives me flashbacks to my days in Army Basic Training. The guy can flawlessly lace together 10 four-letter words in a 12-word sentence. And the stuff he says is both hilarious and terrifying to the poor player on the receiving end. I wonder if he was a drill sergeant in another life?

I can see that. Another off topic, when I am watching practices, Coach K gives me flashbacks to my days in Army Basic Training. The guy can flawlessly lace together 10 four-letter words in a 12-word sentence. And the stuff he says is both hilarious and terrifying to the poor player on the receiving end. I wonder if he was a drill sergeant in another life?

That's awesome! I have always liked coaches like that who can turn simple cursing into an art. I have always thought he seemed like a legit coach and this just helped solidify that lol.

Everyone keeps saying we need to build a new staduim, but when we can not even fill all our home games at a decent level we have no right to even think about a new one. Other then the montana game I am ashamed of the und crowd.

How can you be ashamed of events that haven't even happened yet?

I feel like attendance and gameday experience this year will see a noticable bump in numbers and quality.

n all games or just potato bowl and the montana game. I get the fact the first game willbe at a minimum becuase it is small compared to the bigh games coming up, but even the second game has almost an empty croud at this point based on ticket sells.

n all games or just potato bowl and the montana game. I get the fact the first game willbe at a minimum becuase it is small compared to the bigh games coming up, but even the second game has almost an empty croud at this point based on ticket sells.

How exactly do you know how many tickets have been sold to the 2nd game against Portland State?

Safe to say, disregard that post. Nice article on Galladay in the Herald. Seems like he's an intelligent young man along with being a freak of nature.

He is still mad about losing his precious nickname so he is going to badmouth everything related to the Big Sky. Including his own team.

How exactly do you know how many tickets have been sold to the 2nd game against Portland State?

108498 is most likely a Bison troll who's just trying to wind up UND fans, pay no attention. I have yet to read a positive comment from this person. I think attendance will be noticeably larger this season especially for the Montana game.

irishSiouxfan how dare you say any such thing. I live and breath sioux sports. My family went to the outside games in the snow, rain, and winter temps. My parents were rich enough to pay for hockey tickets, so I spent everyweekend lissoning to every game on the radio. Even after people have told me for the past 6 years not to return back to Grand Forks I have already turn in my application for the 2013 school year. Also if you went to the col. game last year, I was the one even sioux gfans got tired of, becuase I was non stop cheering for the sioux. Just ask anyone who went and they will remember.

Looking at the ticket availability on ticketmaster, there are still MANY tickets available for the games....even the Montana game. I know that UND football sells a lot of walk up tickets...but with the excitement of this season I would think that we would have at least the Montana game cloe to sold out. Maybe I am being overly optimistic....but there are deffinitely more seats available than I thought there would be after 1 day.