SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

By the way facts are facts just go back to the ticket sell site and look at the sells your self. Maybe you will see for your self sells are slow right now. I hope they pick up, but I don't know.. Thankyou for those who are going to cheer on the guys.

Grand Forks is famous for selling tickets the week of an event. The main exception is if people believe that the event will sell out. Since crowds have been down the past couple of years, most people don't think that will happen. A lot of people will buy tickets right before the games, unless UND loses several games at the beginning of the season. The crowds will be much better this year than they have the past few years.

Grand Forks is famous for selling tickets the week of an event. The main exception is if people believe that the event will sell out. Since crowds have been down the past couple of years, most people don't think that will happen. A lot of people will buy tickets right before the games, unless UND loses several games at the beginning of the season. The crowds will be much better this year than they have the past few years.

Exactly, especially for Potato Bowl week. You have events every day leading up to the game and you know people will buy tickets that week. And with the parade at 10:30 and the game at 6pm thats a lot of tailgating inbetween. And like Sioux83 said win and they will come.

http://www.grandfork...0/group/Sports/

So what do you guys thing? Pull Golladay's redshirt? I think we are pretty deep at WR so Muss may hold off on doing that. But can you imagine having Golladay, Hardin, and McGill all lined up with a gunslinger in Hanson throwing to them? Wow!!!

What does the WR depth chart look like with and without Golladay?

I hope they can hold off - there are reasons other than ability why freshmen get redshirted - academics, adjusting to first year of college, etc. Imagine four years of Golladay with the quarterbacks we have in waiting.

Agree. Redshirt Golladay unless he's a bona fide starter. I hope we've learned that lesson with Jer Garman.

The chemistry that the 3 freshman wrs will gain working together with the 2 freshman qbs for 5 years will be amazing and fun to watch.

Oliver has serious tools as well, but he's just not as ready mentally right now.

What does the WR depth chart look like with and without Golladay?

I hope they hold off on pulling Golliday's red shirt because we have some pretty good depth:

Hardin - Proven.

McGill - Almost proven, but has tons of upside. Great speed

Ivery - The way he stepped up in the South Dakota game says a lot about his upside. I also think he made a drive saving 3rd down catch in the SF game. Sounds like he has had a great camp.

Jackson- Big guy that looks to be getting better each day.

Townsend- Had limited reps last year but seems to be shaping into a great player. Great size too.

As we say last year Injuries happen but we do not go into 4 receiver sets too often and even if we do one of those guys is sitting on the bench. Other thoughts?

Posted this on wrong topic earlier. I think the only way they would pull his redshirt is if they seriously think that we have a real chance at making the playoffs and doing something in the playoffs. To think that, they would have total confidence that Hanson will get the job done at quarterback. Everyone has to remember that both the new quarterbacks will be first year players next year.

I always get confused by this and I know it has been discussed numerous times.

Is the official Alerus Center capacity for football 12,283 or 13,500?

13,500 seems to get thrown around a lot.

I'm not positive but I think it seats 12,238 but they'll sell up to 13,500 tickets (people can stand on the ends). I don't think the 12,238 number includes box seats either.

Where is this big advertising campaign for UND football we were promised? I haven't seen or heard anything on any radio or television. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I was wondering the same thing? You would have thought it would have started before the individual games went on sale.

I'm not positive but I think it seats 12,238 but they'll sell up to 13,500 tickets (people can stand on the ends). I don't think the 12,238 number includes box seats either.

I thought it was 13,500 (attendance at the UND-NDSU game in 2001) but on wikipedia they list the Alerus at 12,283. If UND has over 10,000 that place will be loud and thats what we want.