SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

SDSU has a great basketball facility. Both Fargo and SDSU have about double the attendance for men's basketball that we do.

No way do any of the former NCC schools get into the MVC as we know it. But when the smoke clears, they may end up in something called the Missouri Valley that is made up of remnants of the Summit and Horizon.

I am just relaying what MVC fans are saying in their message boards. Most average 7000 or so while the SU's are around 3000. The only way UND would compete with that is play in the Ralph. But then again we are not in the unstable conference.

Too bad the MVC fans think you and NDSU are a joke. With crappy buildings and low attendance.

A.) Doesn't matter what their fans think.

B.) I'd rather have my teams play in a dump and have people show up to watch than play in a nice facility and crickets chirping. SDSU has a nice place to play. NDSU will have a nice place to play sooner or later.

That isn't to say NDSU will ever be in the Missouri Valley. I'd like to think at some point we got a chance. We'll see. With conference reallignment business, I have learned that nothing is impossible and whatever happens happens.

What does UNI have in the valley that Fargo couldn't. Fargo could easily pass them just like they did in football.

The ability to pay their men's basketball coach $500,000/year. People seem to be overlooking that FU's coaching salaries would need to go way up to fit in that conference. Saul Phillips salary would have to double just to be in the conversation with the lowest paid coach. Drake pays their coach 7 figures. Were is that money going to come from? buttfootball

The ability to pay their men's basketball coach $500,000/year. People seem to be overlooking that FU's coaching salaries would need to go way up to fit in that conference. Saul Phillips salary would have to double just to be in the conversation with the lowest paid coach. Drake pays their coach 7 figures. Were is that money going to come from? buttfootball

At least we pay our coaches a competitive salary - more than I can say about some schools.

At least we pay our coaches a competitive salary - more than I can say about some schools.

Compared to FCS and the Summit league. Yes you do. Can FU afford to pay Bohl $240,000 and pay Phillips $250,000? Would FU be willing to pay men's basketball coach more than the football coach? Also, the salaries of women's bball and volleyball would probably have to be raised as well.

What does UNI have in the valley that Fargo couldn't. Fargo could easily pass them just like they did in football.

In basketball it'd be pretty tough.

Fan support comes to mind.

Eh, if NDSU was in the Missouri Valley(assuming with the new bball arena, curious to see what that will do for attendance), I could imagine fan support being quite solid. Even though the arena would still be smaller than what some of them average.

I don't think it'll happen but we'll see.

gabe

Bisonville Hall of Fame

Sep 2004

Blog Entries

Re: UMKC to the WAC? ???

I read this on a Missouri Valley message board posted by an Indiana State fan...

by isumvc1 » February 8th, 2013, 8:03 pm

a tweet from the Chicago State University AD from last night stated "You have not seen anything yet"

From what I could gather there is info out there about the 4 dakota schools joining the WAC, so that will solve all our problems and get rid of these MVC wanna be posters

Go Sycamores!

This was on BV. Could you imagine all Dakota 4 teams in the WAC? I think UND is still in the WAC for swimming, but having the BSC as a football only member? It does sound interesting.

Sioux baseball is in the WAC.

http://www.grandfork...group/homepage/

Ok, I gotta ask....

What the hell is Douple and The Summit League thinking? Regardless of what happened before, it makes ZERO sense for that league to NOT give UND an invite for baseball considering the situation they are in. It makes so much sense for all parties involved. You stabilize an already weak (in numbers) baseball conference by adding a geographically pleasing conference mate in UND. Travel, rivalries, everything makes so much sense for all parties.

My sources say an invite has never been extended to UND for baseball only in the Summit. How is that possible? They have 6 teams in their baseball conference!

Honestly how does a guy like Douple keep his job? They have now let UND and UNC both go elsewhere for baseball conferences.