SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Speculation is running wild on BV...I heard the MAC, MW, MVC, BSC. I think the BSC is their only chance. Even with NDSU kicking butt in the MVFC it means little in the MVC.

I'd give them a shot at the MVC, but it wouldn't be a lock by any means.

Speculation from the south (no, further south) ...

... why the Kangaroos - pretty centrally placed and unremarkably successful - would leave the Summit for the far-flung and reforming WAC: Because the Dakota schools are inevitably bound for the Missouri Valley.

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

For the MVC, there are 3 schools more appetizing location-wise than NDSU and that doesn't take Denver into account. And at this point I don't see the MVC expanding unless Creighton leaves (wonder how they could keep the Omaha market if that were to happen?). Wonder if Denver has a large buyout? They may be rethinking their joining of the Summit.

Speculation from the south (no, further south) ...

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

I would give that a credibility level of about a 1.

Out of 1000.

If the Dakota 3 end up in the MVC it will be as a reaction to a failed league, and even then it's questionable if the MVC would take any or all of them.

Pulled that right out of his ass.

• Upvote 1

honestly this is a pretty bizarre move on UMKC's part. Much tougher travel, less competitive, afaik no autobid, non-peer competition...

anyway, i think the summit survives, but if not, i think NDSU looks to the MAC.

Why would NDSU get invited to the MAC??? Talk about travel woes. Oh that's right that only applies to UND.

I would give that a credibility level of about a 1.

Out of 1000.

That high? :D

On a side note, after watching a lot of popcorn get eaten at UND's expense (conference, moniker) seems it's time for UND fans to chow on some and watch someone else go through the wringer for a while.

• Upvote 2

For the MVC, there are 3 schools more appetizing location-wise than NDSU and that doesn't take Denver into account. And at this point I don't see the MVC expanding unless Creighton leaves (wonder how they could keep the Omaha market if that were to happen?). Wonder if Denver has a large buyout? They may be rethinking their joining of the Summit.

Creighton is as good as gone and it will cause a domino with the other three MVC privates. You then have Oakland and the Indiana directionals leave for other pastures...then a merger of what's left of the Summit and MVC. Omaha joins MVC non-football and there you have it...not sure about Denver U. If Big Sky, then UND might be on an island but would slide nicely into the new MVC or stay in the Sky.

Why would NDSU get invited to the MAC??? Talk about travel woes. Oh that's right that only applies to UND.

the furthest team in the mac is about as close as the closest team in the sky. I think everyone can admit it would be far from ideal, but at least it would be a competitive conference that supports afaik all the core sports hosted by NDSU.

the furthest team in the mac is about as close as the closest team in the sky. I think everyone can admit it would be far from ideal, but at least it would be a competitive conference that supports afaik all the core sports hosted by NDSU.

Fargo to Buffalo is 900 miles.