SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Why would NDSU be picked over SDSU to replace Creighton? They both have 1 title in men's basketball, SDSU has 4 straight titles in women's basketball. The only sports NDSU has outdone the Jacks (other than football) is softball and volleyball. Doesn't the Jacks have the geography advantage?

If it comes down to it, it would be NDSU with a bullet. The discussion would not be NDSU's on court success versus SDSU. It will be the F-M area, its size and growth rate versus Brookings, SD. Who would you pick?

If it comes down to it, it would be NDSU with a bullet. The discussion would not be NDSU's on court success versus SDSU. It will be the F-M area, its size and growth rate versus Brookings, SD. Who would you pick?

i would pick nebraska-omaha and their market size, new arena, and easier travel...

talk about people knowing stuff before it happens...maybe trev alberts was told back a few years ago that if creighton ever jump ship they would be the auto backfill school?

• Upvote 1

i would pick nebraska-omaha and their market size, new arena, and easier travel...

talk about people knowing stuff before it happens...maybe trev alberts was told back a few years ago that if creighton ever jump ship they would be the auto backfill school?

Lakesbison will be the governor of ND before the MVC adds a school that has never had an RPI under 300 and zero history of success.

Lakesbison will be the governor of ND before the MVC adds a school that has never had an RPI under 300 and zero history of success.

:lol::crazy: That sent a chill down my spine, then I remembered he's a Minnesotan.

I don't see the MVC trading location for competitiveness, if it came down to one school SDSU or NDSU would be more attractive but SDSU is probably tied to USD so who knows how it would shake out.

I have a hard time imagining the Dakota 3 breaking up, but as they say desperate times require desperate measures. Hopefully it won't get to that point for any of their sakes.

How pathetic does this make the Summit League look? Kansas City University wants to leave the Summit to join:

New Mexico State

Seattle

California State University, Bakersfield

University of Texas–Pan American

Utah Valley University

Grand Canyon University

Chicago State University

:huh:

How sad is the WAC? Honestly how many of these teams have you never heard of until they joined?

New Mexico State will be using the line from Major League next year..."Who are these f'in guys?".

:lol::crazy: That sent a chill down my spine, then I remembered he's a Minnesotan.

I don't see the MVC trading location for competitiveness, if it came down to one school SDSU or NDSU would be more attractive but SDSU is probably tied to USD so who knows how it would shake out.

I have a hard time imagining the Dakota 3 breaking up, but as they say desperate times require desperate measures. Hopefully it won't get to that point for any of their sakes.

Well he did claim ND residency at one point.

All I can say about this realignment is I get more confused the more I think about it. Apparently UMKC has wanted to leave since last year but for some reason they stuck around until now but now suddenly want out. The relationships of the dakota three could definitely be strained depending on how this plays out.

All I can say about this realignment is I get more confused the more I think about it. Apparently UMKC has wanted to leave since last year but for some reason they stuck around until now but now suddenly want out. The relationships of the dakota three could definitely be strained depending on how this plays out.

Exactly right, there's a hundred ways it could go and that's assuming the Summit actually does break up which is only one possibility at this point. If it does happen you guys might have to go through the same routine UND did with the moniker/conference fiasco...are we in, are we out, what's option B...not a good time.

You had it right earlier today, it's all about the Catholic 7 on this one

New stadium with a basketball program to throw all their money at. Past history won't matter. Hockey can fend for itself. You could say the same thing about them adding a team 200 miles north of Brookings out of their conference footprint.

Is Notre Dame going to join the Catholic 7 instead of the ACC?

ESPN: Irish AD: Quick Big East exit is best

"I feel strongly that the Catholic schools are going to be there with us. That's one of the reasons we decided to sit tight," Brey said....

"We will play in the Big East next year, and you know what? I'm OK with that. I've had a little buyer's remorse on this ACC"

Belmont, if they want to go. Nashville market over Omaha market.

It will be a different MVC...no Creighton no Bradley no Drake no Evansville...more like the football conference which isn't so bad.

It'll be interesting to see what what the rest of MVC privates do when/if Creighton joins the Catholic 7. I really don't see Evansville leaving the Valley for the Horizon, but you never know. If the MVC needs to backfill, I think there about a half dozen schools they'd take before they looked at any Summit schools.

Was there ever any rumors about UMKC wanting out of the Summit? This kind of shocked me when it went down. There almost has to be something going on behind the scenes at the Summit league for UMKC to feel that the WAC of all places is a better fit for them. I wonder if Oakland and/or another eastern summit school has put the league on notice that they are leaving? Maybe the Horizon is being proactive, because they know that they have about 4 schools that both the A10 and the MVC would take a hard look at if they need members.

If you want some real entertainment check out the MVC board and a certain FU fan begging to get into the conference... http://www.mvcfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2830

Boy Lakes is trying to sell the farm to get into the MVC but all their fans are basically laughing at him. A lot of points go against NDSU like travel and markets. I like Lakes' comment on how the new BSA is about to break ground. Um last i heard they are still a couple million bucks short and those shovels still have dust and cobwebs on them.

I read on one of the message boards that Denver knew about UMKC leaving prior to accepting their invite to the Summit. Also, Chicago St AD tweeted "you haven't seen anything yet" in reference to UMKC and the conference shuffle. So it apppears there is more to come.

Didn't Chicago State get kicked out of the Summit?

Wow this is certainly getting interesting. As a Bison Fan I dont know what to think. My gut says UMKC knows something. It defies all logic. The wac is basically a glorified great west without the good programs. And the Denver move is even more peculiar.

Missouri Valley? Yeah obviously even without a few teams that would be an insane upgrade.

So many options. This could open up USD to go to the Big Sky. You could see all the Dakota schools go to the Big Sky and form a mega conference. You could see all 3 teams go to the Missouri Valley or maybe 2? Heck how about UND to join us in all sports, including football?

Now if you guys would have moved up to the FCS at the same time, we may not even be having this discussion and we would have the 5 core NCC teams that stood for decades in the same conference! :rofl:

Wow this is certainly getting interesting. As a Bison Fan I dont know what to think. My gut says UMKC knows something. It defies all logic. The wac is basically a glorified great west without the good programs. And the Denver move is even more peculiar.

Missouri Valley? Yeah obviously even without a few teams that would be an insane upgrade.

So many options. This could open up USD to go to the Big Sky. You could see all the Dakota schools go to the Big Sky and form a mega conference. You could see all 3 teams go to the Missouri Valley or maybe 2? Heck how about UND to join us in all sports, including football?

Now if you guys would have moved up to the FCS at the same time, we may not even be having this discussion and we would have the 5 core NCC teams that stood for decades in the same conference! :rofl:

1. I don't think South Dakota would be welcomed into the Big Sky after snubbing them (even thought it was up to the SDBoR).

2. If the MVC allowed UND to join including the MVFC then I think UND staff and fans would take a look at that, but no way UND losses the BSC for the Summit.

3. Since the Big Sky has no baseball I wonder if NDSU would join as just a basketball only member.