SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Terry vandovec said summit shut the door on und and wont allow them in lol

liek und wants in now haha

Ironic how one year later UND is the only one of the four with a secure conference affiliation for all sports. How quicky the worm can turn.

• Upvote 1

How fast does Denver get out of the SL. They become members next year. As for NDSU going to the BSC...remember them and SDSU are a package deal. (How quick will the Bison dump the Jacks for a secure conference now that the Jacks have the Yotes).

Just read a post on BV that's interesting...if the SL/MVFC were to offer UND the same deal they gave USD.....does UND leave the BSC In all sport for the SL in all sports and the MVFC for football?

hopefully the ad's at ndac, sdsu, usd kept their stationary with the GREAT WEST CONFERENCE on it....might need to pinch a few pennys for a couple of years til the big 12 comes a calling

hopefully fullerton uses this to lean on idaho a little more for full affiliation (fb)

really what does denver do??? i would love for them to add fb and be the last member of the bsc instead of idaho because of our hockey relationship...and the fact that idaho will always and forever be chasing boise juco

Well...

on one hand it would even the conference again, 12 for basketball and 14 for football.

Also it would be a good combo for travel partners for UND.

And it would be good for NDSU to have one solid conference to play all sports.

On the other hand, NDSU has tried to distance themselves from UND and may want to align with the South Dakota schools wherever they land.

And most importantly, even the mention of it here will (and probably already has) drive Lakes and some others into a batshit craze and will lead to posting on message boards all across the midwest that look something like this....AREU%$&*$#KIDDINMEWEDONTWANT2GOTOTHAT%^$#*@%LOSERCONFRENCEWERALMOSTFBS...etc...etc...

Actually NDSU Woud make 13 for basketball...Idaho is 12(they rejoin the BSC next season except football).

USD might be really kicking themselves. They had a chance to get in the Big Sky. I would imagine the Big Sky is not going to do anything to help USD out after they left the Big Sky at the alter.

What about St. Cloud State? Do they drop football and join the SL? One thing the SL has to worry about is too many DII teams in transition that could affect their AQ bid until they are all full members I think Omaha has until 2014 or 2015 until they are full members.

USD might be really kicking themselves. They had a chance to get in the Big Sky. I would imagine the Big Sky is not going to do anything to help USD out after they left the Big Sky at the alter.

That's the first thing that crossed my mind, I don't know how the rest of the schools feel but there is no love for USD from the Montana schools.

That's the first thing that crossed my mind, I don't know how the rest of the schools feel but there is no love for USD from the Montana schools.

I could see the SU's dumping the Yotes, but on the other hand Bison fans are hoping on joining the MVC over the Big Fluffy as they call it. Wouldn't it be something to have SDSU join the Big Sky while NDSU and USD fend for themselves.

How pathetic does this make the Summit League look? Kansas City University wants to leave the Summit to join:

New Mexico State

Seattle

California State University, Bakersfield

University of Texas–Pan American

Utah Valley University

Grand Canyon University

Chicago State University

:huh:

Yeah I forgot about Idaho basketball and was going to rewrite it, but since you posted it everything else stands.

That's why you add Denver too, so it's 14 football and 14 basketball/other sports.

Travel partners

UND-NDSU

UM-MSU

DU-UNC

SAC-PSU

SUU-NAU

UI-EWU

ISU-WSU

The Dakota trip would be one of the easiest, along with DU-UNC.

• Upvote 1

I could see the SU's dumping the Yotes, but on the other hand Bison fans are hoping on joining the MVC over the Big Fluffy as they call it. Wouldn't it be something to have SDSU join the Big Sky while NDSU and USD fend for themselves.

South Dakota schools are not going to split up. The state of SD held back signing into the Big Sky in hopes of getting them into a conference and reunited with USD. I honestly think the SD schools would drop FU in a heartbeat if the opportunity came for another conference.

I also feel the Big Sky would accept FU if they were truely interested in joining. They would be a good add and I would love to serve up the crow. I do not expect any team to get into the Big Sky without a huge buyout tied to it.

If UMKC truely leaves, this is going to be interesting. Do they know something the other schools don't? Why leave for the WAC? Look at that conference. There could be a reason they are taking an offer to get out of the Summit. Get your popcorn ready. This could get good.

South Dakota schools are not going to split up. The state of SD held back signing into the Big Sky in hopes of getting them into a conference and reunited with USD. I honestly think the SD schools would drop FU in a heartbeat if the opportunity came for another conference.

I also feel the Big Sky would accept FU if they were truely interested in joining. They would be a good add and I would love to serve up the crow. I do not expect any team to get into the Big Sky without a huge buyout tied to it.

If UMKC truely leaves, this is going to be interesting. Do they know something the other schools don't? Why leave for the WAC? Look at that conference. There could be a reason they are taking an offer to get out of the Summit. Get your popcorn ready. This could get good.

Maybe they had a talk with Oakland or IPFW on conference skipping. Gene Taylor better pray the other schools (OU, IPFW, IUPUI) stays or else its off to the BSC, Great West or Indy league ( oh wait the SL with its minimal teams will equal a Indy league with no AQ).

Maybe they had a talk with Oakland or IPFW on conference skipping. Gene Taylor better pray the other schools (OU, IPFW, IUPUI) stays or else its off to the BSC, Great West or Indy league ( oh wait the SL with its minimal teams will equal a Indy league with no AQ).

There's been rumblings about Oakland for a while, I don't know about the rest.

I wish USD/SDSU and NDSU all the best. Conference affilations are a high stakes game of poker. Do, they end up in Missouri Vally? WAC? or another conference is anyones guess at this point. Just please, please - leave the Big Sky alone. I like the conference just the way it is..

• Upvote 1

I wish USD/SDSU and NDSU all the best. Conference affilations are a high stakes game of poker. Do, they end up in Missouri Vally? WAC? or another conference is anyones guess at this point. Just please, please - leave the Big Sky alone. I like the conference just the way it is..

To me NDSU is in better shape than the other two, they possibly would be invited to the MVC or the BSC, the South Dakota schools would probably be a package deal and I can't see either conference jumping on all three.

Just when you think realignment has settled down a little...

To me NDSU is in better shape than the other two, they possibly would be invited to the MVC or the BSC, the South Dakota schools would probably be a package deal and I can't see either conference jumping on all three.

Just when you think realignment has settled down a little...

Actually that dump called the BSA is not attractive to the MVC.

I don't know what would happen down in SD, there could be political issues at play that I'm glad NDSU doesn't have to deal with. That said I think there is a lot movement still to come once the Catholic Conference gets things figured out.

The BSA isn't really an issue anymore since it will be fixed.

I don't know what would happen down in SD, there could be political issues at play that I'm glad NDSU doesn't have to deal with. That said I think there is a lot movement still to come once the Catholic Conference gets things figured out.

When is that supposed to start? Seems like it has been on the burner for a while?

And what decade will the BSA get fixed? USD is about to break ground on a new arena, Omaha has a new arena (not sure how new SDSU's is) but NDSU is trailing those schools in facilities. But remember at NDSU football matters everything else can wait.