SiouxSports.com Forum

New turf at the Alerus

darell1976

I think it is time to beging long term planning for a new football home. The Al sucks.

Hopefully the IPF is step one with step two (upgrading Memorial Stadium) on the timeclock. Anyone know when the lease up with the Al? By the time that is up, move into the "new" Memorial Stadium, and then do a FBS study. (I think UND will be in the FBS in 10-20 years).

But they do provide revenue for Alerus Financial which is a big contributor to North Dakota athletics.

i see in the fall 2012 alumni review that Wells Fargo just gave the spirit campaign between 25k-100K....i looked up alerus and they are in the 100k-500k. Can anyone look up see the exact amounts that each company gave the spirit campaign? Just wonderig how close the two donations are (Wells Fargo maybe gives 80k and Alerus 105K?)...just wondering

I was at Scheels tonight and wonder if they would be willing to donate to the IPF. I understand they probably wouldn't give the $5 million they gave to NDSU for their basketball arena but even half that would get us started on the IPF. With the commitment they made to the new store in Grand Forks along with how well UND merchandise sells in Fargo (I don't want to get anyone too butt hurt over conversations I've had), I'd say the school has made them some good money. It would be a nice investment to open the new store.

I was at Scheels tonight and wonder if they would be willing to donate to the IPF. I understand they probably wouldn't give the $5 million they gave to NDSU for their basketball arena but even half that would get us started on the IPF. With the commitment they made to the new store in Grand Forks along with how well UND merchandise sells in Fargo (I don't want to get anyone too butt hurt over conversations I've had), I'd say the school has made them some good money. It would be a nice investment to open the new store.

The owners are big NDSU supporters. I'm sure that was a major reason for the donation. It never hurts to ask, and someone probably has at least approached them, but I would be surprise if they made that large a donation to UND. Something smaller is much more likely.

Ok, that's the last straw!! I'm done shopping there until they give UND at least $2 million :angry:

*Good thing I just dropped some $$ there on Sioux gear and need to take a break anyways.

They have had a good sized store in Sioux Falls for about 20 years. I would guess that the $750K is closer to what they might give to UND at some point, maybe less because of the UND-NDSU thing.

They have had a good sized store in Sioux Falls for about 20 years. I would guess that the $750K is closer to what they might give to UND at some point, maybe less because of the UND-NDSU thing.

Yeah it was mostly sarcasm from me, I'm sure I'll be back in Scheels within a month or 2 (no less often than usual). Although I am telling myself I need to make more of an effort to purchase stuff from the Sioux Shop rather than Scheels.

I used to stop at Scheels all the time when I am back in the Dakotas... we still have the homestead farm place back home. BUT, I have stopped going to Scheels since the donation to NDSU. The services Scheels provide are easily replaced and I stop at the SiouxShop in REA every time I am back.

I used to stop at Scheels all the time when I am back in the Dakotas... we still have the homestead farm place back home. BUT, I have stopped going to Scheels since the donation to NDSU. The services Scheels provide are easily replaced and I stop at the SiouxShop in REA every time I am back.

You should inform the Scheel's folks of your change in habit.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...