SiouxSports.com Forum

New turf at the Alerus

darell1976

And new turf again....

Wonder if UND could find a use for it and get a deal on the stuff being replaced similar to what NDSU was able to do. Not sure where it could be installed though? Soccer field?

So does this mean that The Alerus Center along with UND can fix their mistake and put the interlocking ND at midfield?!!

• Upvote 1

That probably explains what I saw on my way home today. There was a flatbed trailer loaded with rolled up turf on it. The truck was on Demers turning left and heading north on Washington...if that was the turf from the Alerus, wonder where the truck was headed?

• 1 month later...

saw that u of wyoming got some new turf...cowboy logo at midfield, wyoming in one endzone and cowboys in the other, the MW logo to the right of midfield, and the name of the field in block script on the lower left of the field near the 20's....

anyone know if the clowns at the aurora decided to maybe just maybe try a different design the second time around???

The Wyoming Cowboys field also will have mountains in the endzones. I think we should have a picture of something in ours that represent North Dakota or Grand Forks. What would that be though?

At this point I would be happy with the ND logo at mid-field.

• Upvote 1

That probably explains what I saw on my way home today. There was a flatbed trailer loaded with rolled up turf on it. The truck was on Demers turning left and heading north on Washington...if that was the turf from the Alerus, wonder where the truck was headed?

Likely storage until it is ready to go down into the IPF.

saw that u of wyoming got some new turf...cowboy logo at midfield, wyoming in one endzone and cowboys in the other, the MW logo to the right of midfield, and the name of the field in block script on the lower left of the field near the 20's....

anyone know if the clowns at the aurora decided to maybe just maybe try a different design the second time around???

While I agree there should be something UND related at mid-field, War Memorial Stadium is owned by the U of Wyoming and I would guess they paid for the turf themselves (or through donations to the school). Until UND moves football back to a University owned stadium, they won't have 100% say over everything.

That would make sense. Guess I didn't know they were keeping that turf for the IPF.

I had heard (though not confirmed) that they were going to be able to use the "old" new turf for the IPF. I assume they would have been able to get a deal on it similar to what NDSU did and then used for their outdoor practice field.

I think we should have a picture of something in ours that represent North Dakota or Grand Forks. What would that be though?

The endzone is flat and level. It's either green or has a white overlayer.

What more representative do you want? Replace the corner pylons with sandbags maybe?

kind of looks like their new field kind of went by the new rules the ncaa handed down...school logo, conference logo, either name of building or field on the hashes, and name of school in the endzones....

It does, I am hoping we follow this rule the second time around. I have never been a fan of advertisements all over the field or ice.

kind of looks like their new field kind of went by the new rules the ncaa handed down...school logo, conference logo, either name of building or field on the hashes, and name of school in the endzones....

Moving the Alerus Center logos to where they have them on that fiels would make a helk of lot more sense. Stupid to have the Alurus logo right at midfield. I really hope that the powers that be at the Alerus Center heard enough grumblings from fans that they will use this mulligan and do the field right (with the ND logo in the middle)

• Upvote 3

It doesn't mater what we think the field should have. We just had new turf put in last year and won't see a change for a few years likely.

They are putting in new turf as we speak I believe. There was a problem with the stuff they installed.last year........