SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I don't think Seth Jones will see one game on the Avs roster next year. Why? I don't think he'll go to the Avs.

---Colorado was very poor offensively and defensively this year, but I feel like they are going to be looking to add some offense to a pretty young defensive corps. They have very little to rely on offensively.

---Florida was even worse offensively than Colorado (and also worse defensively), but I bet they try to snag a highly-skilled forward as well.

---With Tampa in the 3rd spot, I feel that this is where Seth Jones will go. Tampa Bay has plenty of offense, now it's time to stack the defense. Seth would be a perfect fit here with his defensive ability but won't slow down the offense they have.

My top three draft picks:

1) COL: Jonathan Drouin - F - Halifax

2) FLA: Aleksander Barkov - Tappara (Finland)

3) TAM: Seth Jones

I don't think Seth Jones will see one game on the Avs roster next year. Why? I don't think he'll go to the Avs.

---Colorado was very poor offensively and defensively this year, but I feel like they are going to be looking to add some offense to a pretty young defensive corps. They have very little to rely on offensively.

---Florida was even worse offensively than Colorado (and also worse defensively), but I bet they try to snag a highly-skilled forward as well.

---With Tampa in the 3rd spot, I feel that this is where Seth Jones will go. Tampa Bay has plenty of offense, now it's time to stack the defense. Seth would be a perfect fit here with his defensive ability but won't slow down the offense they have.

If Mackinnon (sp?) isn't pick 1 or 2 it will be a shame. Kid is so good. I like Jones a lot but I do think he needs one more year of CHL play. Mackinnon is like drafting Taveras (haha maybe).

Unless you saw his play at last year's world juniors...

That being said, he will be a stud down the line. His play hasn't caught up with his hype. Yet.

He has two rough games, the Russia game and the first Canadian game....other than that I thought he looked very good. However, I think he could use another year in Major. The only way he makes the big club (for a full season) is if their team is downright terrible.

I think the Avalanche will take Jones #1. #2 and #3 will be some combination of MacKinnon and Drouin. I think Barkov could then go #4.

I think the Avalanche will take Jones #1. #2 and #3 will be some combination of MacKinnon and Drouin. I think Barkov could then go #4.

We should have a poll/pool to see who goes first in the draft...

We should have a poll/pool to see who goes first in the draft...

That would actually be fun. The 1st round of the NHL draft is the one draft that I like watching. The MLB's draft you don't know anyone, and it goes 328 rounds. The NFL draft is OK, but I don't know the Offensive Tackle from Middle Puerto Rico State University. I'm not even going to talk about the NBA. But the NHL draft - that's fun to watch because you know a lot of the names of the kids being drafted.

That would actually be fun. The 1st round of the NHL draft is the one draft that I like watching. The MLB's draft you don't know anyone, and it goes 328 rounds. The NFL draft is OK, but I don't know the Offensive Tackle from Middle Puerto Rico State University. I'm not even going to talk about the NBA. But the NHL draft - that's fun to watch because you know a lot of the names of the kids being drafted.

One year, I hosted a chat during the draft, I might do it again, if I am not up at the hunting shack.

Edited by Goon

Sioux football could learn from blais how to build a FB team

The shadows cast by Lennon and Blais are so overblown. They were both great coaches, especially Blais, but they were successful at UND a long time ago. Things change and its time to move on from them. Look to Gino for what happens if you hold on too long to the ways of old.

Trevor Olson on twitter

Officially enrolled for summer classes at North Dakota. #GodHelpMe

Getting an early start on his college education? He's not currently on the list to join the team this fall, but when the freshmen class was officially announced Hakstol did say additional recruits could be added at a later date.

Trevor Olson on twitter

Getting an early start on his college education? He's not currently on the list to join the team this fall, but when the freshmen class was officially announced Hakstol did say

additional recruits could be added at a later date.

I wonder if Sanderson is headed elsewhere? I can't see adding Olson without someone being removed.

Trevor Olson on twitter

Getting an early start on his college education? He's not currently on the list to join the team this fall, but when the freshmen class was officially announced Hakstol did say additional recruits could be added at a later date.

Can't you take 3-6 credits without being enrolled as a full time student?

Can't you take 3-6 credits without being enrolled as a full time student?

Full time status is at 12 credits.

Not sure if it's less for summer school though.

Most players that are a year or so out of high school end up taking 1-2 courses while in juniors too before their arrival at UND. But you do have to be careful. I remember the story of the kid at Air Force who lost eligiblity by taking too many credits before his arrival at Air Force.