SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Yeah, Johnson's stock has seemed to drop a bit. Get him into the weight room with Poolman, put some muscle on, and prove those analysts wrong.

A bit? Kind of an understatement...he was a grade "A" scouted player coming into the year (meaning first or second round prospect). Let's hope that this kind of adversity lights a big fire in him to prove people wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

This is slightly off topic and I apologize if it has already been addressed. Has Seth Jones committed to anywhere or is he going straight to the pros?

He played for the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL last season, so he cannot play college hockey. He'll likely be the #1 overall pick by the Avalanche in this year's draft, and has a shot at playing with the big club next year.

He played for the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL last season, so he cannot play college hockey. He'll likely be the #1 overall pick by the Avalanche in this year's draft, and has a shot at playing with the big club next year.

He'll be playing in the NHL next season. I would bet on it.

I'm wondering how bad B10 Hockey is going to effect our future recruitment? We have top notch facilities and coaching staff, and easily the best environment for a player/student could hope for, but the NCHC tv deal with CBS blows (at least for UND exposure).

That's pretty bold...even for a kid as highly regarded as Jones...although I could very easily see a year that looks like this:

Avs, Portland, Avs

Don't think it is that bold. He could play one game with the big club and win a bet.

That's pretty bold...even for a kid as highly regarded as Jones...although I could very easily see a year that looks like this:

Avs, Portland, Avs

Did you see the Avs play this past season...yikes! If he is even close to advertised, he'll play many games at the Pepsi.

I'm wondering how bad B10 Hockey is going to effect our future recruitment? We have top notch facilities and coaching staff, and easily the best environment for a player/student could hope for, but the NCHC tv deal with CBS blows (at least for UND exposure).

I really don't think it will have a huge effect on us at all. I think we will still get a lot of the players we want from the same areas we have recruited over the years.

I really don't think it will have a huge effect on us at all. I think we will still get a lot of the players we want from the same areas we have recruited over the years.

Agreed. We own Canadia, are doing well in non-traditional hockey states, and will continue to steal our share of Minnesotans.

I would say none... UND already has an established hockey tradition and there are only 6 teams in the B1G and UND will continue to get the top recruits like they have in the past.

Avs, Portland, Avs

From everything that I have read about the kid, he's been a man among boys.