SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I'm sort of shocked that Gersich isnt playing for the US Ivan Hlinka squad. Looks like schmaltz is killing it and Austin P is on the team. I always thought Gersich was better than Malmquist, just played on a worse team.

I'm sure there is a reason, but he'll be playing for the NTDP U18 team this year.

I'm sort of shocked that Gersich isnt playing for the US Ivan Hlinka squad. Looks like schmaltz is killing it and Austin P is on the team. I always thought Gersich was better than Malmquist, just played on a worse team.

Isn't this USA squad the players that aren't currently on a NTDP team?? I may be wrong on this but seems to make sense if so. This class is crazy good if they all roll into GF!

Isn't this USA squad the players that aren't currently on a NTDP team?? I may be wrong on this but seems to make sense if so. This class is crazy good if they all roll into GF!

Not sure on that...I thought they select the best u 18... their goalie played NTDP.

I only found two that are on the NTDP U18 Jack Dougherty and Blake Weyrick.

Yeah, typically the U-18 Select team (Ivan Hlinka team) and U-17 Selects (Under-17 5 Nations team) are comprised of non-NTDP players. This helps get international experience to those players who either opt out of the NTDP (ie, Schmaltz) or perhaps didn't originally make the team when they tried out for the program (ie, Mantha), similar to the World Junior A Challenge team.

Yeah, typically the U-18 Select team (Ivan Hlinka team) and U-17 Selects (Under-17 5 Nations team) are comprised of non-NTDP players. This helps get international experience to those players who either opt out of the NTDP (ie, Schmaltz) or perhaps didn't originally make the team when they tried out for the program (ie, Mantha), similar to the World Junior A Challenge team.

Cool, thanks as I thought that was the case.

Will this be a year Pelnik sees the ice a lot more for Fargo? He's a intriguing prospect with his size. Or was he just banged up last season??

Cool, thanks as I thought that was the case.

Will this be a year Pelnik sees the ice a lot more for Fargo? He's a intriguing prospect with his size. Or was he just banged up last season??

Yeah, Charlie had a rough season last year. He broke his ankle in the spring of 2012 so he was slowed going into the season. Then he suffered a shoulder injury and once he came back from that, he injured his other shoulder. Too bad because that was a really important developmental year for him, and now this season is really crucial. Of interest, he was also a 2nd Round pick in the 2013 NAHL Draft, so I'm not sure if there's something to read between the lines there or not.

@SchlossmanGF: Canada beats U.S. 4-0 to win Ivan Hlinka. Nick Schmaltz finishes first in tourney in goals (5), second in points (8).

@SchlossmanGF: UND recruit Austin Poganski was named Team USA's player of the game today in the finals vs. Canada.

This 96 class overall has the making to be a great one. The crop of forwards is pretty sick!

@SchlossmanGF: Canada beats U.S. 4-0 to win Ivan Hlinka. Nick Schmaltz finishes first in tourney in goals (5), second in points (8).

@SchlossmanGF: UND recruit Austin Poganski was named Team USA's player of the game today in the finals vs. Canada.

This 96 class overall has the making to be a great one. The crop of forwards is pretty sick!

Lets hope and pray they all make it here I am getting excited for this season to start

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...