Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits


Recommended Posts

One thing that has really stuck out this year when following the potential recruiting class is all of their teams really struggle to score. I've been a little surprised especially in the BCHL at the pretty modest scoring numbers of Rizzo and Bowen, but when you look into it.

  • Rizzo - 6G 11A - 17 points (17 GP): Leads the team at a PPG, the 2nd highest is .81 PPG
  • Bowen - 8G 17A - 25 points (25 GP): Leads the team at a PPG, the 2nd highest is .91 PPG

If you look at the league, a PPG puts you around 20th in that category.  The BCHL isn't really the high scoring league we all remember. Rizzo / Bowen are holding their own right now on their respective teams. Hopefully we'll see a slight uptick in scoring the rest of the way. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely the bitching about a hashtag.

I could care less where their are drafted, give me players who give it all and want to be here, Caggiula wasn’t drafted at all , neither was Stecher.

Nice welcoming committee.  We really know nothing about the guy.  The main fact I'm aware of is the UND coaches saw him play and liked him enough to offer him a scholarship.  Sounds good to me.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, AJS said:

One thing that has really stuck out this year when following the potential recruiting class is all of their teams really struggle to score. I've been a little surprised especially in the BCHL at the pretty modest scoring numbers of Rizzo and Bowen, but when you look into it.

  • Rizzo - 6G 11A - 17 points (17 GP): Leads the team at a PPG, the 2nd highest is .81 PPG
  • Bowen - 8G 17A - 25 points (25 GP): Leads the team at a PPG, the 2nd highest is .91 PPG

If you look at the league, a PPG puts you around 20th in that category.  The BCHL isn't really the high scoring league we all remember. Rizzo / Bowen are holding their own right now on their respective teams. Hopefully we'll see a slight uptick in scoring the rest of the way. 

Seen both play. Definitely pass the eye test.

I also don’t see the BCHL as a high scoring league, but it’s definitely an older league. Only 2 02’s in the top 20 of scoring. 

Hopefully both Bowen and Rizzo (and Budy) will make Canada West for the World Junior A Challenge. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AJS said:

One thing that has really stuck out this year when following the potential recruiting class is all of their teams really struggle to score. I've been a little surprised especially in the BCHL at the pretty modest scoring numbers of Rizzo and Bowen, but when you look into it.

  • Rizzo - 6G 11A - 17 points (17 GP): Leads the team at a PPG, the 2nd highest is .81 PPG
  • Bowen - 8G 17A - 25 points (25 GP): Leads the team at a PPG, the 2nd highest is .91 PPG

If you look at the league, a PPG puts you around 20th in that category.  The BCHL isn't really the high scoring league we all remember. Rizzo / Bowen are holding their own right now on their respective teams. Hopefully we'll see a slight uptick in scoring the rest of the way. 

...and sometimes it is hard to judge players that are on high scoring teams, and even lower scoring teams for that matter based on their stats.  Gaber is pretty high in goal scoring in the USHL, but doesn't have many assists, so he isn't high in overall scoring.  Sometimes secondary assists are meaningless, but on high scoring teams there are probably going to be a lot of assists out there that might fall under the meaningless category.  That is going to be the case in a lot of circumstances, but it is another reason that stats don't always tell the story of a player.  It could work the other way though, if a team is scoring tons, and you are the only player that doesn't benefit from that, it could possibly say something.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

UND picks up a commitment from a 16yo goalie with a great hockey name...Hobie Hedquist.

Originally was a CC commit.

He’s from Heron Lake, MN! (Southern MN) This is gonna probably be as close as we are gonna get to a college hockey player from my hometown. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cberkas said:
fro3oSnM_bigger.jpg David La VaqueVerified account @David_LaVaque
Follow Follow @David_LaVaque
More

Eden Prairie soph forward Jackson Blake was deemed ineligible for varsity hockey competition until Jan. 28 by the #mshsl. Blake, son of former NHL player Jason Blake, grew up in EP but moved last year and spent part of season playing for Shattuck-St. Mary’s. Appeal expected.

Let's assume he doesn't win his appeal.  What are Blake's likely options for this season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

Let's assume he doesn't win his appeal.  What are Blake's likely options for this season?

Keep practicing with some of the best high school players around and be in great shape and rested come Jan 28?

Thats what I'd do, that will come fast kinda like a minorish injury setback and recovery time frame really. It is the bulk of the game schedule 17 games from now to then, but then back for 7 and the tournements. 

These kids play plenty of games spring summer and fall, sucks to miss them but who knows, may even change on appeal.

Thats assuming he is able to participate in practices I guess.

Especially withbhighly talented teammates, development happens in practice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Keep practicing with some of the best high school players around and be in great shape and rested come Jan 28?

Thats what I'd do, that will come fast kinda like a minorish injury setback and recovery time frame really. It is the bulk of the game schedule 17 games from now to then, but then back for 7 and the tournements. 

These kids play plenty of games spring summer and fall, sucks to miss them but who knows, may even change on appeal.

Thats assuming he is able to participate in practices I guess.

Especially withbhighly talented teammates, development happens in practice.

He can play JV games until January 28th also. He’s just ineligible for “varsity” competition until then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 1:57 AM, cberkas said:
fro3oSnM_bigger.jpg David La VaqueVerified account @David_LaVaque
Follow Follow @David_LaVaque
More

Eden Prairie soph forward Jackson Blake was deemed ineligible for varsity hockey competition until Jan. 28 by the #mshsl. Blake, son of former NHL player Jason Blake, grew up in EP but moved last year and spent part of season playing for Shattuck-St. Mary’s. Appeal expected.

Go play in the ushl (or NAHL) for a bit (if allowed).  If not and he wants to play high school, play JV. Only options really...other than Tier 1.

on a side note this is all a joke conserving what Motzco and Langenbrunner did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...