SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Just a hunch. I think we get everyone back but Pooly and Peski.

If that happens, will we only see the NTDP guys? Honestly, that's the ideal situation, if Moore / Bast and Miller are ok delaying one more year. 

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

If that happens, will we only see the NTDP guys? Honestly, that's the ideal situation, if Moore / Bast and Miller are ok delaying one more year. 

That'd be my guess.

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think JBD is gone. Just because of the Ottawa factor. Those Canadian teams are always rushing prospects. 

Sure, but I think it's pretty clear that the Sens trust our coaching and development :)

52 minutes ago, AJS said:

Bast is a 2000 YOB. 
Moore and Miller are 2001s. 
The phrase "age out of junior eligibility" is in play. 

Signing Kleven and Sanderson (both 2002s) makes me wonder if we're not at risk of losing four (Poolman, Peski, Kierstad, JBD) at season's end. You'd back fill with Bast (age out otherwise), Moore, and the NDTP guys. (My assumption: Miller would delay.) 

(That scenario would be messy: Rieger, Gabe Bast, Tychonick, Frisch, and four freshmen. Not much experience on the ice and a bulge in the defensive recruiting cycle.) 

39 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Bast is a 2000 YOB. 
Moore and Miller are 2001s. 
The phrase "age out of junior eligibility" is in play. 

Signing Kleven and Sanderson (both 2002s) makes me wonder if we're not at risk of losing four (Poolman, Peski, Kierstad, JBD) at season's end. You'd back fill with Bast (age out otherwise), Moore, and the NDTP guys. (My assumption: Miller would delay.) 

(That scenario would be messy: Rieger, Gabe Bast, Tychonick, Frisch, and four freshmen. Not much experience on the ice and a bulge in the defensive recruiting cycle.) 

For who? I know you mentioned Bast, but he's not going to Age out of Junior Eligibility if he doesn't play College next year, he has one more year after this. 

Side note: There are guys this year that are June 1999 playing Juniors, Bast is November 2000 -- just for a potentially next year comparison.

The 3 decommitts don’t bother me one bit. They weren’t going to crack the lineup next year. Glad to see Berry and company have these hard chats before the players get here.  

Id like to see another big name forward recruit commitment soon.

14 minutes ago, ChadR said:

The 3 decommitts don’t bother me one bit. They weren’t going to crack the lineup next year. Glad to see Berry and company have these hard chats before the players get here.  

Technically they weren’t even going to be here next year. :lol: 

2 hours ago, ChadR said:

Randklev honestly had a Yon type prep career but hasn't been great in juniors with injuries playing a big part obviously.  Good luck to the kid, being a local kid, but don't think had he committed he would have gotten a lot of ice time whenever he got to campus.