SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Video of St. Louis drafting Schmaltz

http://video.blues.n...=182465&lang=en

Post-draft interview with Schmaltz

http://video.blues.n...d=782&id=182491

Does anyone else have issues when trying to view videos on NHL.com? I've never been able to and I'm wondering if it's a setting somewhere. When I try to view this, the video just keeps spinning, like it's trying to load.

Nice job assistant coach A and B..... :lol:

Anyone know if Dane or any of the UND coaches were at the draft last year? I don't remember and am wondering if this is something new since the JT Miller situation last year? Just another way to make sure their player makes it to campus?

Anyone know if Dane or any of the UND coaches were at the draft last year? I don't remember and am wondering if this is something new since the JT Miller situation last year? Just another way to make sure their player makes it to campus?

Hakstol was at the draft last year when JT Miller was drafted. He got interviewed and one of the funnier moments was Drew Stafford pretended to be a media reporter and it took a while for Hakstol to realize Stafford was next to him.

Hakstol and Eades were at the draft last year to support Grimaldi and Miller. I imagine someone from the UND coaching staff tries to go every year if a current Sioux or recruit may be drafted.

Hakstol and Eades were at the draft last year to support Grimaldi and Miller. I imagine someone from the UND coaching staff tries to go every year if a current Sioux or recruit may be drafted.

I do remember Hak being there last year now. I was just thinking that it may be something new after what happened after the draft last year. I guess not though. Glad to see where Schmaltz went though.

• 1 month later...

Where is Charlie Pelnik playing this season. Is he considered a high end recruit still?

There are some very high end recruits coking if in the next couple years with Johnson, Thompson, Pelnik just to name a few..nick schmaltz we hope!

Where is Charlie Pelnik playing this season. Is he considered a high end recruit still?

There are some very high end recruits coking if in the next couple years with Johnson, Thompson, Pelnik just to name a few..nick schmaltz we hope!

Charlie is playing for the Fargo force this year. He should be a good recruit but not sure if he is still considered a high end prospect.

Via Schlossman's blog

Mantha, who played for Belle Tire in Michigan last season and will play for Sioux City in the USHL this season, visited UND a couple of weeks ago and came away impressed.

ā€œWhen I got there, everything clicked right away and I knew this was the place I wanted to be,ā€ he said.

Mantha also visited Minnesota-Duluth and Wisconsin. He was picked in the fifth round by the Soo Greyhounds in the OHL. When asked if the window to the OHL is still open or if that has now closed, Mantha said ā€œItā€™s closed. Very closed.ā€

Mantha said he knew about UND and Ralph Engelstad Arena because his brother played in the Little Caesars midget major tournament in the Ralph and returned to Michigan raving about it.

• 3 weeks later...