SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I am hoping that Ian McGoshen is still in play. Lot of defensemen in the pipeline right now. I would assume that Poolman would be a partial scholarship as are a lot of guys, and depending on how much was offered there may still be enough scholarship money to lure McGoshen.

Technically, most guys on the team are on partials. I'd say most are at a 90% scholarship or somewhere in that range. Poolman's dad works for UND - don't staff kids get a discount on tuition? Or maybe I'm wrong. I thought I heard that somewhere. Could have been a different school.

He is gone. Left his Green Bay Gambler team today.

That's the risk of a blue-chip 16 year old playing in the USHL. If they don't have success immediately and find themselves fighting for playing time, they head to the CHL where they will get their minutes. I had a bad feeling when I checked a few of Green Bay's boxscores and saw he wasn't playing. Hopefully Schmaltz is enjoying his time there as we need him in a few years along with Wilkie. That was shaping up to be a loaded class if Lemieux had maintained his committment.

That's the risk of a blue-chip 16 year old playing in the USHL. If they don't have success immediately and find themselves fighting for playing time, they head to the CHL where they will get their minutes. I had a bad feeling when I checked a few of Green Bay's boxscores and saw he wasn't playing. Hopefully Schmaltz is enjoying his time there as we need him in a few years along with Wilkie. That was shaping up to be a loaded class if Lemieux had maintained his committment.

If he's not getting playing time in the USHL he won't in the CHL.; especially not this year.

@ChrisDilks Hearing a rumor that UND recruit Brendan Lemieux may be off to the OHL

I believe Lemieux was the recruit that said that when he hung out in the lockerroom when his dad played in pro hockey that the guys who had a college education were the most respected. So much for that I guess. Just hope that Nick Schmaltz doesn't follow suit.

ouch that hurts well I guess go out and find another stud to fill his spot

Don't feel quite as bad about this as the others, simply because I have a feeling he could have had penalty problems in the NCAA as well, but who knows what he would have added on offense and character. He wasn't going to be here for a couple years anyway, so like you said, I think UND has the type of program, that given time to find an elite replacement, will be high up on many recruits list. Would feel worse if they lose Schmaltz.

I believe Lemieux was the recruit that said that when he hung out in the lockerroom when his dad played in pro hockey that the guys who had a college education were the most respected. So much for that I guess. Just hope that Nick Schmaltz doesn't follow suit.

Yeah, cross your fingers on Nick.

Don't feel quite as bad about this as the others, simply because I have a feeling he could have had penalty problems in the NCAA as well, but who knows what he would have added on offense and character. He wasn't going to be here for a couple years anyway, so like you said, I think UND has the type of program, that given time to find an elite replacement, will be high up on many recruits list. Would feel worse if they lose Schmaltz.

Good point and I agree losing Nick would be worse. Hopefully Jordan tells him all about this place to keep him on track to coming here. UND will for sure find a replacement. Many many many other players out there.

It looks like Brendan Lemieux has removed committed to the Fighting Sioux from his twitter profile along with #22 for the Gamblers. I would say he is as good as gone. I have no respect for people who don't honor their word. Even if they are some 16 yr old. I unfollowed him from twitter and I feel better about it.