SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

You're being generous if you really know his history. He has had issues on just about every team he's ever been on. Whether it was back in the Blaine youth days, Hill Murray, US team or now, he has been an issue and immature. Given all that has gone on here in recent times with off ice discipline issues, I am not sure I want to risk more of that and he is definitely a big risk in that department.

Sounds like he should be a Gopher. He would fit right in with them.

If he has his dad's drive and his uncle's natural skills he is going to be something else. Has there ever been cousins playing together before like will happen with Luke and Paul LaDue?

I may be wrong but I think he was referring to Luke Voltin.

If he has his dad's drive and his uncle's natural skills he is going to be something else. Has there ever been cousins playing together before like will happen with Luke and Paul LaDue?

Cousins have played at UND and so have brothers. Hoogstein and Panzer and perhaps Ulmer or Lundbohm

I knew the brothers but I did not know Blood and Kristo are cousins.

Really? Would be interested if anyone knew of any more cousin combos to play together or maybe a few years seperated? I think most of us would know brother combos

Off topic bit...but has there ever been any cousins or any other immediate or distant family of Mr. Engelstad to play for the SIOUX??

I was checking out the Force roster and noticed they have Charlie Pelnik listed as a F, but Brad has him listed as a defenseman. Anyone know who is mistaken (I am going with the Force....)? I thought I recall the article about his initial commitment stating he was a defenseman, but maybe he has since changed positions.........

I was checking out the Force roster and noticed they have Charlie Pelnik listed as a F, but Brad has him listed as a defenseman. Anyone know who is mistaken (I am going with the Force....)? I thought I recall the article about his initial commitment stating he was a defenseman, but maybe he has since changed positions.........

I'm sure that is a mistake. He's a d-man. I think we'd have heard by now that he had switched if he had.

We will be losing some good ones but will have some really good recruits coming in the next couple years. Tambellini being one of them and Wade Murphy and Luke Johnson and Ryan Mantha and Paul LaDue wow the list could go on.

I've heard the 6'4" is a bit of an exaggeration, that he's actually 6'2". But nonetheless, that kind of size with a lot of skill is a nice package.

As far as Mantha is concerned, he is as advertised - very big kid. I saw him play in Fargo a couple weeks ago, had a nice game and he has some very solid offensive instincts as evidenced by a couple of nice stretch passes he delivered. You can tell he once played forward.

I've heard the 6'4" is a bit of an exaggeration, that he's actually 6'2". But nonetheless, that kind of size with a lot of skill is a nice package.

As far as Mantha is concerned, he is as advertised - very big kid. I saw him play in Fargo a couple weeks ago, had a nice game and he has some very solid offensive instincts as evidenced by a couple of nice stretch passes he delivered. You can tell he once played forward.

I 2 seen Mantha and he's a big man child

Via Twitter, UND got a commitment from 1997 Defenseman Christian Evers. Very nice prospect, big kid. Here's a blurb on Evers from Chris Dilks:

Christian Evers-D-Omaha Lancers U16-Already a huge kid, listed at 6'4", and clearly the top D on a team with a pretty strong defense. Very good hands and feet for a player of his size. Definitely a big time prospect.

Via Twitter, UND got a commitment from 1997 Defenseman Christian Evers. Very nice prospect, big kid. Here's a blurb on Evers from Chris Dilks:

Christian Evers-D-Omaha Lancers U16-Already a huge kid, listed at 6'4", and clearly the top D on a team with a pretty strong defense. Very good hands and feet for a player of his size. Definitely a big time prospect.

Another tree!