SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

25 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Worth a read and a thought in your own mind, not necessarily a comment, just fyi

https://azcoyotesinsider.substack.com/p/mitchell-miller-addresses-his-past

Someone set up a go fund me for the victim's mom to see a therapist. She got what she wanted and still can't let it go, potentially harming her son further in the process.

Miller didn't apologize well though, talks about himself too much. Maybe a generational thing...? Also, considering the ephemeral nature of Snapchat makes it ground zero for cyberbullying, he comes across as an idiot for saying he added him on it.

• Upvote 1

What still sits in my mind is that he made it sounds like they were friends and hung out together, and if that is indeed true, why didn't the boy's mom tell Miller I don't want you hanging out because you have been bullying him?   Again, it seems like I am blaming the victim's mom, but it does seem odd, unless all the things he wrote in that apology letter were lying about them being friends and hanging out.  You would think that there would be tons of people to dispute that though if it wasn't the case.

I'd be interested to hear Jasper's opinion on this with his position amongst the "student diversity council" or whatever it is, and what his work with Miller entailed while he was at UND that the article mentioned.

Whether UND made promises to the kid or not.....Cancel culture > UND. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Makes me think it was the University AD or President's decision as opposed to Berry's:

image.png.3090720c183255aa71fa1e960c0b25da.png

I wouldn't be surprised if KEM said something (look at what they donate to).

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I'd be interested to hear Jasper's opinion on this with his position amongst the "student diversity council" or whatever it is, and what his work with Miller entailed while he was at UND that the article mentioned.

Whether UND made promises to the kid or not.....Cancel culture > UND. 

Not cancel culture when you cancel yourself.

• 2 weeks later...