SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Watched part of the debut of JBD tonight. TSN people gave him a few kudos comments, but nothing like Kierstads coverage with Florida.

But boy, I 'm no expert, but Ottowa looked terrible, just awful. I felt bad for our boys. Hope the new blood helps turn that team around, they need help.

No statement on Pinto start. Either Sat or Monday I guess. 

Game was in Montreal but Pinto still got a first lap on the ice and first warm-up shot. Said it was an NHL tradition now.  Commentaries were very favorable about him "power center- don't hear that often" and "he is a faceoff guy in college, and it looks like he's bringing it here too".  He played PK and did well. His late game D zone  faceoff went back to the end boards where it was picked up and after getting around the net, was shot for a 200 ft ENG and a point for him as assist.

Very nice debut.

JBD was a scratch tho.

• Upvote 1

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/senators-rookies-norris-pinto-rewriting-code-breaking-nhl/

Pinto, 20, a 2019 Ottawa draft pick (32nd overall), played his first NHL game on Saturday versus the Montreal Canadiens, and it was one of the more impressive debuts we can remember, considering it was packed into 9:24 of ice time.

It wasn’t that Pinto was Connor McDavid flashy, but the overall depth of his game was eye-opening. We’ve all seen NCAA players step in and struggle at hockey’s highest level, but here was Pinto winning 67 per cent of his faceoffs (4/6), including a defensive zone faceoff that led to an empty-net goal and his first NHL point.

• Upvote 3

I will be the first to eat crow. When he came to campus I thought he wasn’t as good as he thought he was. He never intended to stay forever from day 1. I thought man why did he ever leave early he has no chance to play in the NHL. Man did he ever prove all the haters wrong. Great story that proves size doesn’t matter!!! ;) 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Four games into his NHL career and Shane Pintohas already settled into the Ottawa Senators' lineup.

After making his NHL debut in Montreal on April 17, Pinto has found his footing just fine at the NHL level.

"It's been good," Pinto said. "I think a lot of the guys have helped me out through these first four games but I'm feeling more and more comfortable each game. I've got to keep improving and I feel good but need to keep going."

In those four games, Pinto has an assist, which came in his first NHL game, while playing 11:12 a night. He's also been involved in the Sens' penalty kill averaging 1:57 a game.

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/pinto-feeling-more-comfortable-as-he-settles-into-sens-lineup/c-324042264