SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

On 12/24/2020 at 12:51 PM, sioux rube said:

Haven’t tapped it yet 

When I was picking up some whine and Jack Daniels today, I priced checked that Whiskey, it's 80 bucks a bottle. Holy Cow, it must really be good.  

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, JaDubbs said:

Cole Smith making his NHL debut, playing for Nashville Predators on the 4th line.  Rocco Grimaldi playing on the 3rd line for the Preds....pretty awesome that Smith made it to the NHL, congrats!

Wonder how many college teams have had numerous walk-ons make it to the NHL.  Phil Sykes, Matt Henderson, Jay Caulfield, and Cole Smith.  Any that I am missing? I know Caulfield had a football scholarship and was injured, but don’t think he had hockey scholarship.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Wonder how many college teams have had numerous walk-ons make it to the NHL.  Phil Sykes, Matt Henderson, Jay Caulfield, and Cole Smith.  Any that I am missing? I know Caulfield had a football scholarship and was injured, but don’t think he had hockey scholarship.

Wasn’t Ludwig a walk-on?

11 hours ago, tnt said:

apparently smith had a 20% scholly at the start.

12 hours ago, tnt said:

No he did not have a scholarship. If I remember correctly, Gino, Dean and John needed a body for practice and they allowed him to skate with the team. His reward was getting to play in a single game against BU.

10 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

No he did not have a scholarship. If I remember correctly, Gino, Dean and John needed a body for practice and they allowed him to skate with the team. His reward was getting to play in a single game against BU.

... and later his name on the Stanley Cup with Pittsburgh ... twice!

Currently, Caufield works as an analyst on Penguins Pregame & Postgame on AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup_winning_players

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

... and later his name on the Stanley Cup with Pittsburgh ... twice!

Currently, Caufield works as an analyst on Penguins Pregame & Postgame on AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Cup_winning_players

Yea I should've mentioned that but I was referring to how he got on the UND hockey team. Didn't friend of his beg the GM of the Rangers to give him a tryout?

On 12/31/2020 at 8:44 PM, Goon said:

When I was picking up some whine and Jack Daniels today, I priced checked that Whiskey, it's 80 bucks a bottle. Holy Cow, it must really be good.  

Bought a bottle for Christmas.  It was ok. Good news is the bottle was autographed. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, tnt said:

Jason Blake right? 

Philadelphia Flyers Zane McIntyre, G - Signed as Free Agent Minors contract - Lehigh Valley-AHL

Maple Leafs place Spezza, Dell on waivers

The Toronto Maple Leafs placed veteran forward Jason Spezza and goalie Aaron Dell on waivers Sunday. TSN.ca Staff

• The Toronto Maple Leafs placed veteran forward Jason Spezza and goalie Aaron Dell on waivers Sunday.

Dell is behind starter Frederik Andersen and backup Jack Campbell on the Leafs' depth chart in net and hasn't appeared in a game for Toronto this season.

The 31-year-old played four seasons with the San Jose Sharks prior to his time in Toronto, and has a career 2.75 goals against average and .908 save percentage.

• 3 weeks later...