SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Attendance

nodak651

19 hours ago, shep said:

Many have said that certain media entities need to plug the game, but how much do people, who may go to a football game, really need the media to pump them up for it? Either you are aware of the fine work the team has done, because you've been following them or you aren't aware of it. If a person hasn't been following the team, do you think they will have an epiphany this week and think, "Gotta go to that one."?

The historical attendance tracking that was published earlier indicates that even in the "glory" years this was not a 10,000 person crowd for this game. Thus, I'm not getting too upset if people don't show.

Winning a conference and then a playoff game will help boost attendance next year though. I have season tix this year and will for a long time.

There will be more season ticket holders next year, winning fuels that! Rebuilding a fan base takes lots of work. Home FB playoff game and win would be BIG. Road win in Fargo Dome would be HUGE.  Sooner or later, somebody going to knock them off their throne, I'd just as soon have it be UND!

Students need to step up this Saturday, they really need to do much better than 2 weeks ago.

The general public is slowing getting more involved, maybe they surprise us a little?

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

There will be more season ticket holders next year, winning fuels that! Rebuilding a fan base takes lots of work. Home FB playoff game and win would be BIG. Road win in Fargo Dome would be HUGE.  Sooner or later, somebody going to knock them off their throne, I'd just as soon have it be UND!

Students need to step up this Saturday, they really need to do much better than 2 weeks ago.

The general public is slowing getting more involved, maybe they surprise us a little?

Have to wait and see how much the price increase is going to be. I'm okay with it because I think we've been getting by pretty cheap but the band wagon fans only have so many dollars they are willing to spend on UND tickets. 

As far as students - it's a different world most just don't care and a majority of schools face the same issue. 

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Don't expect much at the tailgate. If we want priority tickets for the hockey game, we need to go to the basketball game before hand and stay till 12 - only one hour before kickoff. I personally think this was a mistake, but my opinion doesn't matter much.

6 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Don't expect much at the tailgate. If we want priority tickets for the hockey game, we need to go to the basketball game before hand and stay till 12 - only one hour before kickoff. I personally think this was a mistake, but my opinion doesn't matter much.

What basketball game?  There aren't any on Saturday.  Priority tickets will be given at the football game. 

Haven't seen it but would guess Fridays priority tickets will be at the basketball doubleheader

1 minute ago, sprig said:

What basketball game?  There aren't any on Saturday.  Priority tickets will be given at the football game. 

Haven't seen it but would guess Fridays priority tickets will be at the basketball doubleheader

I think you are correct Sprig. I saw a UND tweet yesterday referencing going to the football game to get priority for the hockey game that night.

3 minutes ago, sprig said:

My bad it's actually volleyball. Here's the relevant part from NodakNation

Any lineup before 10 AM should start at the entrance  of the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center. Students will need to pick up a priority line ticket at the UND Volleyball game vs Northern Colorado. Doors open at 10 AM and the game starts at 11:00 AM.  Priority line tickets will be available at the NoDak Nation table after the initial rush.

Priority line tickets will be available until 11:15 AM. After 11:15 AM all priority line tickets will be given out to students at the entrance of the UND Football game. Student doors at UND Football open 11:50 AM.

To be valid, you will need to get two stamps. One stamp will be given at the UND Volleyball game starting at Noon. In addition, student shuttles from Volleyball to Football will leave at Noon and 12:20 PM. A second stamp will be given at the conclusion of the UND Football game at the NoDak Naiton table.

4 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Ohh I was totally gonna go to the football game anyways. I was just a little upset that if we want priority tickets, we can't tailgate. 

They should really change their policy to either game, instead of both....

26 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

Ohh I was totally gonna go to the football game anyways. I was just a little upset that if we want priority tickets, we can't tailgate. 

Wasn't meant to rip on you.  I agree.  We should be encouraging students to take in the entire UND football gameday experience.  And tailgating is a huge part of it.  Spread the word around campus that this is a huge game.  Also, tailgaiting is awesome!!  Saturdays forcast is 52 and sunny.  Should be great tailgating.

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2016 at 1:11 PM, geaux_sioux said:

People should stand the entire time we're on defense.

Agree, but the only people who know that are on the catwalk. at the last game I tried standing the entire time on defense at the beginning of the game in section 215 and would have continued if I could have gotten 5 or 6 people anywhere in my section to stay up.  Maybe the catwalk crowd needs to start the game in the stands? 

Is there a section where the crowd support is better? 

10 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

Agree, but the only people who know that are on the catwalk. at the last game I tried standing the entire time on defense at the beginning of the game in section 215 and would have continued if I could have gotten 5 or 6 people anywhere in my section to stay up.  Maybe the catwalk crowd needs to start the game in the stands? 

Is there a section where the crowd support is better? 

I hate sitting so for me it's more than the catwalk being more fun and having the best view and access to beer and bathrooms.

Watched a few games on the catwalk when the building was new, was pretty exciting, great view. I do like sitting down when we have the ball so I'm not one of those crowding you all there. I'll be in a tree stand, really feel uncomfortable about missing this game. Hope you all have a great time at the game and keep up the winning, Hawks! I so want to go to a home playoff game, I know we're on the bubble for that, but maybe?

42 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

I know one thing:  the folks who show up tomorrow will be LOUD and will make a difference.  

GO HAWKS!

What is probably going to happen is on NAUs first 1st down, everyone's going to sit down and be quiet.  I can promise that I will be the last in my section to do that, and if everyone else who reads this agrees to do the same, maybe we have a chance at having third down not be the only  time iit gets loud.

• Upvote 4