SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Frozen Four

Dustin

Normally, after UND is eliminated, I cheer for a team that hasn't won a Natty, or is the furthest removed from their previous Natty.  In this case, that happens to be Michigan (1998).  A little less than ideal to cheer for them, but that definitely is a long drought.  As much as it would be nice for NCHC bragging rights, I don't think I can be happy with Denver getting yet another one.  Yikes.  Maybe since BC and BU have been the #1 and #2 teams all year, having them play for the championship in one final battle for ultimate bragging rights is what's best for 2024.

As for the location, St. Paul is about as about as far removed from any of the remaining schools' campuses.  Michigan will probably bring a contingent, but not sure about the other schools.  Probably will be a rink full (hopefully) of college hockey fans from all bases, with a decidedly upper Midwest flair.  Would have been more fun with Nodak, Minny, and Wisco to create some old school Final Five magic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Normally, after UND is eliminated, I cheer for a team that hasn't won a Natty, or is the furthest removed from their previous Natty.  In this case, that happens to be Michigan (1998).  A little less than ideal to cheer for them, but that definitely is a long drought.  As much as it would be nice for NCHC bragging rights, I don't think I can be happy with Denver getting yet another one.  Yikes.  Maybe since BC and BU have been the #1 and #2 teams all year, having them play for the championship in one final battle for ultimate bragging rights is what's best for 2024.

As for the location, St. Paul is about as about as far removed from any of the remaining schools' campuses.  Michigan will probably bring a contingent, but not sure about the other schools.  Probably will be a rink full (hopefully) of college hockey fans from all bases, with a decidedly upper Midwest flair.  Would have been more fun with Nodak, Minny, and Wisco to create some old school Final Five magic.

I'll be there with 6 former UND alums and one BC alum.  Guessing he will probably be the only happy one by the end of the weekend.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

At least Minneapolis is a hub airport that no one should have too much trouble getting to on short notice.

15 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

The regionals were entertaining

Absolutely.  Disappointed in UND's result, but throughout the whole weekend, lots of lead changes, pulled goalies, and overtimes.  Can't ask for much more as a hockey fan.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

BU winning it wouldn't bother me that much. The others, not so much.

Yeah, and maybe if they win, we won’t have to deal with Celebrini when they come here next fall.

Wrong.
WRONG.
WRONG-WRONG-WRONG! 

BU will have to deal with UND next fall. Period.

Play our game.
Quit shuffling lines (see: Michigan). 

Show no fear.
Impose your will. 

I'm tired of adjusting to the other guys.
It's a sign of weakness, and everyone sees and reacts to it. 
Master Yoda would scowl and call it it "try". 

If you believe in what you do, do what you do and do it relentlessly. 

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm tired of adjusting to the other guys.

Wait, wasn't Berry getting criticized because he doesn't make in game adjustments?
I have a hard time keeping up with what the current narrative is...

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Wait, wasn't Berry getting criticized because he doesn't make in game adjustments?

he does make in game adjustments........it's just that they are the wrong ones.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I thought it was Hakstol that didn't make in-game adjustments :unsure:

4 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I personally think St. Paul should be in the rotation. 

It is one of the epicenters of college hockey, along with Detroit and Boston.