SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Frozen Four

Dustin

1 minute ago, Big A HG said:

Sadly, we're neither.

It's hard to win 26 games and win the conference title without being at least a bit good.
We just sputtered out the last few months.  Killed a season that showed so much promise.

• Upvote 4

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Would we have played BC? I don’t think we would have fared too well.

I think it is safe to say UND would’ve received another patented postseason beat down from BC. Either way, getting out of the regional would’ve only delayed the Boo Berry folk.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

It's hard to win 26 games and win the conference title without being at least a bit good.
We just sputtered out the last few months.  Killed a season that showed so much promise.

No disagreement there.  But, the regular season is there to create seeding for postseason play...whether it be conference tourney or national tourney.  Winning a bunch of games in fall every year is fine, it helps us hopefully make the tournament and sometimes assists in winning a supremely overrated regular season conference title, but doesn't do anything for you in March or April.  We aren't good at all based on our March results in almost a decade now.

• Upvote 1

Even with more talent, I'm not convinced Berry would be comfortable coaching the tempo BC plays at.   And Michigan was no slouch tonight either.   BC's combination of speed, stick skills, and quick decision making is just sick.    It's hockey though; they might get beat.  

43 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Is it me or is this Frozen Four have the crowd size of the Anaheim Frozen Four 

"Hey honey wanna go to Minneapolis?"

"Do you have to have a permit to carry still?"

"Yes!"

"Maybe next year."

Attendance goes down.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Denver and BC.  Denver is going to need their goaltender to stay hot.

Carle is a good coach, he will give his guys a puncher's chance. 

agree Carle is a great coaching option!    Here's what UND would have to do - maybe dump the endless UND Alum-coaching parade for a breath of fresh air and NOT just promote slaves to the fighting sioux nickname anchor that is killing this program? 

These kids come in playing for the college they signed up for but 90% of the fans pretend they're still playing for another team and a nickname that has been retired.  GET OVER IT!  There's an identity crisis that is strangling UND hockey right now and it has to stop.  Hey fat old UND fans in the stands who still barely fit into your Sioux jerseys sitting like you just sh*t your pants watching your team blow another opportunity...want to get back to WINNING?

THINK OF THE FUTURE!   The SIoux name will always have a great place in HISTORY - but it is HISTORY.   This program won't achieve their former greatness until they FREE themselves from the past and move FORWARD!  Forget the past and embrace the future - it's the ONLY way UND hockey can reclaim their championship glory!  Just my 2 cents...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

21 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

slaves to the fighting sioux nickname anchor that is killing this program

:crazy:

This program certainly has had their share of issues getting over the hump in the NCAA play recently...but I don't think it has anything to do with some fans/alums still referring to the team as the "Sioux" instead of the "Hawks".

Heck, the team already has one NCAA title win since the Sioux name was retired. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

agree Carle is a great coaching option!    Here's what UND would have to do - maybe dump the endless UND Alum-coaching parade for a breath of fresh air and NOT just promote slaves to the fighting sioux nickname anchor that is killing this program? 

These kids come in playing for the college they signed up for but 90% of the fans pretend they're still playing for another team and a nickname that has been retired.  GET OVER IT!  There's an identity crisis that is strangling UND hockey right now and it has to stop.  Hey fat old UND fans in the stands who still barely fit into your Sioux jerseys sitting like you just sh*t your pants watching your team blow another opportunity...want to get back to WINNING?

THINK OF THE FUTURE!   The SIoux name will always have a great place in HISTORY - but it is HISTORY.   This program won't achieve their former greatness until they FREE themselves from the past and move FORWARD!  Forget the past and embrace the future - it's the ONLY way UND hockey can reclaim their championship glory!  Just my 2 cents...

Yeah an identity crisis is holding them back. Hmmm what was their name in 2016? I don't recall a Sioux logo on their jerseys in Tampa. What's even crazier is the arena announcer in Amalie Arena called them the Fighting Hawks. But hey it's the fans fault, "identity crisis"

• Upvote 3