SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-25 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

4 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Isn't it because they are considered our "rival" pair? We always have to play them the last week, forever.

Edit: nevermind I was just informed of this new pod system. Idk then.

They probably are doing it for consistent travel near the end of the regular season, so you aren't flying half way across the country possibly two weeks in a row.  Still think it needs to be changed up on a year to year basis, as I am sick of Omaha for more than one reason. 

• Upvote 2

Looks like I'll be trying to get some ASU tickets in January.
Haven't been to Mullett arena before, but it's only about 20min from my house.

If anyone road trips down, let's grab some drinks!  :) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Looks like I'll be trying to get some ASU tickets in January.
Haven't been to Mullett arena before, but it's only about 20min from my house.

If anyone road trips down, let's grab some drinks!  :) 

It's nice, it's about 18 minutes for me. They are good at getting people in and out of that area for events, they had Hockey, tennis and VB all going on at the same time. 

UND hockey 2024-25 schedule

Oct. 5 — AUGUSTANA (exhibition)
Oct. 12 — PROVIDENCE (U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game)
Oct. 18-19 — at Minnesota State
Oct. 25-26 — BOSTON UNIVERSITY
Nov. 1-2 — at Cornell
Nov. 8-9 — at Minnesota Duluth
Nov. 15-16 — DENVER
Nov. 22-23 — ROBERT MORRIS
Nov. 29-30 — at Bemidji State/BEMIDJI STATE
Dec. 6-7 — at Miami
Dec. 13-14 — ST. CLOUD STATE
Jan. 4 — MANITOBA (exhibition)
Jan. 10-11 — at Arizona State
Jan. 17-18 — WESTERN MICHIGAN
Jan. 31-Feb. 1 — at St. Cloud State
Feb. 7-8 — COLORADO COLLEGE
Feb. 14-15 — at Denver
Feb. 21-22 — MINNESOTA DULUTH
Feb. 28-March 1 — at Western Michigan
March 7-8 — OMAHA
March 12 — NCHC play-in game (at site of No. 1 seed)
March 14-16 — NCHC quarterfinals (site of higher seed)
March 21-22 — NCHC Frozen Faceoff (Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, Minn.)
March 27-30 — NCAA regionals (Fargo, Toledo, Allentown, Manchester)
April 10-12 — NCAA Frozen Four (St. Louis)

Some good, tough non-conf games in there with Providence, MSUM, BU, Cornell, Robert Morris, BSU (home & home), and then two exhibitions against Augustana & Manitoba.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, brianvf said:

UND hockey 2024-25 schedule

Oct. 5 — AUGUSTANA (exhibition)
Oct. 12 — PROVIDENCE (U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game)
Oct. 18-19 — at Minnesota State
Oct. 25-26 — BOSTON UNIVERSITY
Nov. 1-2 — at Cornell
Nov. 8-9 — at Minnesota Duluth
Nov. 15-16 — DENVER
Nov. 22-23 — ROBERT MORRIS
Nov. 29-30 — at Bemidji State/BEMIDJI STATE
Dec. 6-7 — at Miami
Dec. 13-14 — ST. CLOUD STATE
Jan. 4 — MANITOBA (exhibition)
Jan. 10-11 — at Arizona State
Jan. 17-18 — WESTERN MICHIGAN
Jan. 31-Feb. 1 — at St. Cloud State
Feb. 7-8 — COLORADO COLLEGE
Feb. 14-15 — at Denver
Feb. 21-22 — MINNESOTA DULUTH
Feb. 28-March 1 — at Western Michigan
March 7-8 — OMAHA
March 12 — NCHC play-in game (at site of No. 1 seed)
March 14-16 — NCHC quarterfinals (site of higher seed)
March 21-22 — NCHC Frozen Faceoff (Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, Minn.)
March 27-30 — NCAA regionals (Fargo, Toledo, Allentown, Manchester)
April 10-12 — NCAA Frozen Four (St. Louis)

Some good, tough non-conf games in there with Providence, MSUM, BU, Cornell, Robert Morris, BSU (home & home), and then two exhibitions against Augustana & Manitoba.

It's scary that the Regional is in Fargo.  Not a good track record recently of taking advantage of the "Home" regional.    Looking at our schedule early, we could definitely be behind the eight ball after the first month and a half of the season.  Maybe a good thing the HOF game isn't a destination game.  

Kato series and @ Bemidji on Flohockey,  Cornell on ESPN+, and whatever is on CBSSN. Otherwise NCHC.tv for the rest. 

Might have already been discussed, but no NTDP. If it means an NCAA exhibition instead, great, but with the portal it's good to get blue chips here for a game rather than Manitoba.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, tnt said:

It's scary that the Regional is in Fargo.  Not a good track record recently of taking advantage of the "Home" regional.    Looking at our schedule early, we could definitely be behind the eight ball after the first month and a half of the season.  Maybe a good thing the HOF game isn't a destination game.  

Yeah that is a tough start to the season.  We'll see how we measure up against some quality Eastern teams right away with Prov, BU, and Cornell.
Would immensely help out the PWR if we can get a winning record out of those 5 games.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, tnt said:

i, for one, am glad to NOT see the U18 team...it is a no win game.  let them play the ushl teams

37 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Kato series and @ Bemidji on Flohockey,  Cornell on ESPN+, and whatever is on CBSSN. Otherwise NCHC.tv for the rest. 

Might have already been discussed, but no NTDP. If it means an NCAA exhibition instead, great, but with the portal it's good to get blue chips here for a game rather than Manitoba.

100%…does that NCAA exhibition not count as a real game? If so, that’s dumb. Also, Manitoba instead of NTDP??? Also a step down 

I'm actually glad to not see the gophs on the schedule this year. I may be in the minority on that but I like a variety of non-conference teams. I'd like to see BC or some other big-name Big 10 teams like Wisconsin. But I think a year off from UMN makes the years we play them even more fun. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, 1972 said:

i, for one, am glad to NOT see the U18 team...it is a no win game.  let them play the ushl teams

If there is any recruiting value in it, they should schedule them.  I don't know whether there is.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, burd said:

If there is any recruiting value in it, they should schedule them.  I don't know whether there is.  

I just don’t see much, if any recruiting value. The U18 team is nearly all committed to schools by the time we typically play them. Most are committed prior to, or near the start of joining the U17 team.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I just don’t see much, if any recruiting value. The U18 team is nearly all committed to schools by the time we typically play them. Most are committed prior to, or near the start of joining the U17 team.

How many NTDP kids transfer? Much more recruiting value in the current landscape than before.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

It’s fun watching them play, many are going to be good NHL players in the future. NTDP > Manitoba in a landslide. Guessing NTDP chose not to come here. 

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

It’s fun watching them play, many are going to be good NHL players in the future. NTDP > Manitoba in a landslide. Guessing NTDP chose not to come here. 

it may be fun watching them play, but it probably isnt real fun to play them...if you play them hard, and they get hurt, youre the bad guy; if you get beat by them, you feel like crap, and your fans are pissed; you blow them out of the barn, and you are the big mean school...tell me what the upside is to playing them?  i mean, sometimes it is 16/ 17 year olds playing against 24/25 year olds

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 2:15 PM, tnt said:

Didnt they move the Fargo regional to North Wood?

On 4/24/2024 at 9:42 AM, 1972 said:

it may be fun watching them play, but it probably isnt real fun to play them...if you play them hard, and they get hurt, youre the bad guy; if you get beat by them, you feel like crap, and your fans are pissed; you blow them out of the barn, and you are the big mean school...tell me what the upside is to playing them?  i mean, sometimes it is 16/ 17 year olds playing against 24/25 year olds

I already did :)  It’s 17-18 years olds vs 18-23 years old. The skill is super fun to watch…ask anyone on the hockey world and it’s a no brainer tbh.

On 4/23/2024 at 2:38 PM, brianvf said:

Yeah that is a tough start to the season.  We'll see how we measure up against some quality Eastern teams right away with Prov, BU, and Cornell.
Would immensely help out the PWR if we can get a winning record out of those 5 games.

Come Dec 1st, the boys will be at 11 and 4.  Glass aways 1/2 full............. or in this case .7333 full !

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, burd said:

Except that early losses to teams they should have beaten has been a problem, though not last year.  

You are correct also - losing to teams we should have beaten cost us a close regional and got us a first round game with Michigan.  Don't know why we lose focus every year.

17 hours ago, Irish said:

You are correct also - losing to teams we should have beaten cost us a close regional and got us a first round game with Michigan.  Don't know why we lose focus every year.

We didn't lose focus nearly as much as DU.    At that time.