SiouxSports.com Forum

2024-25 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

22 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

Looks like they finally pitched a tent over Brad Berry’s circus…

image.thumb.png.eb439a2dc99b59d6a27f0c64a6e095e3.png

Our d zone continues to be a circus....

I may have to save this picture and use it next season when skies are grey....:lol:

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2024 at 3:15 PM, hockeytherapy13 said:

I'm actually glad to not see the gophs on the schedule this year. I may be in the minority on that but I like a variety of non-conference teams. I'd like to see BC or some other big-name Big 10 teams like Wisconsin. But I think a year off from UMN makes the years we play them even more fun. 

agreed....maybe 4 less conf games and 4 more non conference games against Notre Dame or bc bu Maine, Alaska?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, ChadR said:

David Klee will be returning to Muskegon to captain that squad. Will come to UND 2025.

Nice. Another year to improve and gain experience. Will help him be ready to make an immediate impact in 2025 at UND. 
Littler coming this fall then? Or another portal forward?

8 hours ago, ChadR said:

David Klee will be returning to Muskegon to captain that squad. Will come to UND 2025.

This has to mean we pick up another portal forward right? And Littler comes in as well? We need 2 more forwards to get to 15. Sure seems strange it's been so quiet which has the feeling our portal forward will be just a depth guy so maybe waiting it out for a guy that doesn't have really have another option but to be a depth forward.

On 4/28/2024 at 1:00 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I'd like to see some former Force as portal targets, they've lived in the area already and obviously have the Eades et al connection.

The way the world is today, most USHL guys have committed before juniors. 

Doesn't sound like we'll be moving to home site regionals anytime soon.
Surprise, surprise, but the western leagues were pushing for the change...but the eastern leagues did not support it.  Drinking the Wodon kool-aid.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/home-regional-idea-does-not-gain-traction-at-naples-meetings

The idea of home regionals was met with approval from the National Collegiate Hockey Conference and the Big Ten — two Western-based leagues.

It was met with disapproval from the other four leagues — the Central Collegiate Hockey Association, Hockey East, the ECAC and Atlantic Hockey America.

The east supports a system that benefits them instead of something for the greater good of college hockey. Shocking.

Start putting 3 of the 4 regionals in central or mountain time and watch how quickly they change their tune.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

The east supports a system that benefits them instead of something for the greater good of college hockey. Shocking.

Start putting 3 of the 4 regionals in central or mountain time and watch how quickly they change their tune.

NE Region: Pittsburgh
East Region: Cincinnati 
Midwest: Fargo
West: Tempe 

Frozen Four: Seattle 

;)  

• Upvote 2

I think the smaller schools that keep embracing this because they don’t think they’ll host are not doing what is in the interest of college hockey as a whole, and even though I think the transfer portal is not in the best interest either, I hope the schools that keep supporting the empty regionals get what they deserve and get raided in the portal. 

• Like 1

Baseball regionals/super regionals are on campus.  Volleyball, FCS Football, Lacrosse, soccer, and even the flipping FBS with the new system is on campus the first round.

Nothing will happen until BC plays BU in Loveland on a Sunday, but that won't happen because there are always three regionals within a bus ride of their campus.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

NE Region: Pittsburgh
East Region: Cincinnati 
Midwest: Fargo
West: Tempe 

Frozen Four: Seattle 

;)  

I thought the Fargo regional some how got moved to Northwood, ND for some reason, or was that just a rumor?

NCAA at Engelstad would be awesome. 

However, the way things have been set up the last decade have been relatively favorable to UND: So long as they make it, they’re guaranteed to play up to two games in Fargo every other season. 

I don’t foresee UND being consistently ranked high enough year after year to have the opportunity for that many regional games in Grand Forks.