SiouxSports.com Forum

Midco sports

gfhockey

15 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

I see they are cutting back

cut high s ch ool sports and our fb/bb play by play guy

Yet my cable/internet bill is supposed to go up $30/month later this spring.....after it just went up a few bucks last month.

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yet my cable/internet bill is supposed to go up $30/month later this spring.....after it just went up a few bucks last month.

I switched to Verizon.  Works just fine for streaming (don't know about gaming) and saved me $30 per month.

1 minute ago, Green Banner said:

They mentioned that the guys they layed off could possibly do freelance work for them still. 

So this way they don't have to pay them benefits?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green Banner said:

They mentioned that the guys they layed off could possibly do freelance work for them still. 

Yep...but they won't devote the same level of time/effort to the gig if it's just freelance...

Really unfortunate...I'm surprised Midco didn't find other areas to cut before talent and content...after all it's why I subscribe in the first place!

Reading between the lines, is this saying we are going to solely focus on college sports - UND/USD/SDSU and Summit League?  If so, that could be a good thing for those programs.

Midco is moving to a new platform, more of a streaming content provider.  Think of ESPN+ concept.  They already have the Summit League BB streaming rights and I believe they are bidding on streaming rights for the Missouri Valley for football and NCHC for hockey.