SiouxSports.com Forum

Road trip to the Herb. #1 vs. #2

Wilbur

22 minutes ago, Washburn Sioux said:

This is what a SCSU degree will get you, don't know who they are playing?!!!! Maybe they think SCSU is in Mankato too!! hahahaha

Welcome to St Clown Jayvee Productions...we put two cheerleaders in the booth, we show replays during live action and miss a goal, we go to a commercial and come back live 45 seconds into the Sioux power play and we don't know who we are playing against (NDSU?).  Other than that, it was a pretty good telecast. :)

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, jk said:

Best part about this game is they finally looked like they did a couple months ago, like they can play with anyone.  Even when they swept Alaska, they didn't look that great.  Tonight wasn't perfect, but it seemed like everyone was fully engaged.  They won more battles in the first period than they did in 6+ periods against CC. 

Also, SC is among the teams that were just clearly better than UND last year, and it sucked to watch those games.  So it was nice to not get run over again.

Actually, I thought the last 3 times we played them we outplayed them, and the one game in Grand Forks, we outplayed them badly.

Just now, tnt said:

Actually, I thought the last 3 times we played them we outplayed them, and the one game in Grand Forks, we outplayed them badly.

Nice to finally get the regulation W!

2 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

The power play and empty net play on that ice looks like a tough defend deal. Bubbs said can’t get box too spread out and open lanes. But not pressuring puck allows so much time to set things up. Can’t do both!  Overall we did well enough but I sure was on edge of my seat during that play. 

Tough to not give up lanes when it was 6 on 4. Can't play a heavy pressure PK when down 2 men.

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Tough to not give up lanes when it was 6 on 4. Can't play a heavy pressure PK when down 2 men.

In the broadcast they said the goalie was back in for the pp so would have been 5 on 4.  Who knows if those dopes were right. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'd love to see the 5th centering Perron and Strinden on the 3rd line. Strinden just makes plays.

Yeah I wouldn't mind this and have been saying these two have been held back a bit by their line combos. Strinden could even still center and Jammer could play wing. You could maybe even try Kunz with Strinden and Perron but he is just such a poor skater that he would be left behind by those two.  Schmaltz is a great team guy, PK'er and defensively responsible center but has very little offensive upside. He fits the 4th line center role more so than Strinden but like someone mentioned(Oxbow I think it may have been you) a while back when I was giving my take on lines that no way Berry moves Schmaltz to the 4th line even though that is where he fits in this lineup now. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Jammer-Strinden -Perron 

Albrecht Schmaltz-Kunz/ness

Seems like such an obvious combo. Too simplistic of a take ( @burd ), but I cannot figure out ( & @Oxbow6 is right on) why Berry refuses to put Schmaltz as the 4th line C. For those saying it’s his Face Off %. I believe he has the lowest of the 4 that were Centers last night.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Seems like such an obvious combo. Too simplistic of a take ( @burd ), but I cannot figure out ( & @Oxbow6 is right on) why Berry refuses to put Schmaltz as the 4th line C. For those saying it’s his Face Off %. I believe he has the lowest of the 4 that were Centers last night.

I don't see it as too simplistic if your position is hased on some hockey facts or factors, which I think yours is. 

• Upvote 1