SiouxSports.com Forum

Road trip to the Herb. #1 vs. #2

Wilbur

9 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Zmolek wouldn't see the ice the rest of the game and sit tomorrow if I was coaching 

Zmolek had a very sound game, with a LOT of blocked shot attempts ... 8? 10?  I don't like that penalty either but I though he was good tonight.

• Upvote 4

Baby-steps toward holding a two goal lead.  It looks like the team would give up the two goal lead.  Especially after that last Sioux penalty.  Then the clowns scored.  Lot of pressure on the players.  Thank you players and coaches for an interesting game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bcblues said:

Didn't the color guy do the color on the Dodgeball movie?

Geno is pretty funny. Used to play softball against him and his brother back in the day. Can't be easy doing color while simultaneously explaining rules and simple terms to your play by play guy.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'd love to see the 5th centering Perron and Strinden on the 3rd line. Strinden just makes plays.

Need to start getting something more out of Perron.  St. Cloud is going to come out tough tomorrow, so could use Perron getting his snipe back on!

9 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Persson and Blake both silencing any haters/doubters. Also going 2/3 on the PP in their barn feels so good.

I want Blake to score 2 goals every game and back check hard on every play with no bad turnovers. This would win titles, we should all want that!

• Upvote 1

The power play and empty net play on that ice looks like a tough defend deal. Bubbs said can’t get box too spread out and open lanes. But not pressuring puck allows so much time to set things up. Can’t do both!  Overall we did well enough but I sure was on edge of my seat during that play. 

• Upvote 1

Best part about this game is they finally looked like they did a couple months ago, like they can play with anyone.  Even when they swept Alaska, they didn't look that great.  Tonight wasn't perfect, but it seemed like everyone was fully engaged.  They won more battles in the first period than they did in 6+ periods against CC. 

Also, SC is among the teams that were just clearly better than UND last year, and it sucked to watch those games.  So it was nice to not get run over again.

• Upvote 4

Just now, jk said:

Best part about this game is they finally looked like they did a couple months ago, like they can play with anyone.  Even when they swept Alaska, they didn't look that great.  Tonight wasn't perfect, but it seemed like everyone was fully engaged.  They won more battles in the first period than they did in 6+ periods against CC. 

Also, SC is among the teams that were just clearly better than UND last year, and it sucked to watch those games.  So it was nice to not get run over again.

I was encouraged by seeing our guys take the body at key points down the stretch. 

14 minutes ago, LuvHockey said:

The power play and empty net play on that ice looks like a tough defend deal. Bubbs said can’t get box too spread out and open lanes. But not pressuring puck allows so much time to set things up. Can’t do both!  Overall we did well enough but I sure was on edge of my seat during that play. 

Yep. Olympic ice games might as well just be called power play. Glad they are disappearing.