SiouxSports.com Forum

Road trip to the Herb. #1 vs. #2

Wilbur

1 hour ago, Kevin G said:

Pretty much, and the video > audio.

Speaking of audio, I've never heard anyone quote Caddyshack (1979) in quite this way. 

Geno says "Noonan" way after the puck is shot.  Dude, you gotta do that before he shoots it. 

"Noonan"

(Explanatory note:  at the end of the movie Danny "Noonan" has a putt for $80,000.  His opponents try to distract him with his name...)

SC will be gunning for bear tonight. I was really impressed with how well UND played last night. Plenty of jump, good passing, fewer defensive lapses, PP actually worked, and we had the hot goalie for a change. We need to just roll the same way tonight, don't take any stupid penalties, and for Christ sake quit making no-look passes to the opponent in our D-zone.

Go Sioux!

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The easy switch IMO is you flip Johannes with Perron especially if Schmaltz stays where he's at. As @tnt mentioned it is really a top 9 which is a good problem to have. Skill just feeds off of skill. It's not complicated.

They could have easily done this tonight with Johannes out injured.  Perron with Gaber and Berg would have been a fun trio to watch.

Just now, brianvf said:

They could have easily done this tonight with Johannes out injured.  Perron with Gaber and Berg would have been a fun trio to watch.

Right! Kunz goes from 4th line to top line but Perron is stuck. I don't get it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Right! Kunz goes from 4th line to top line but Perron is stuck. I don't get it.

Makes sense to me. Gaber needs a skilled center man to get him the puck (checkmark for Berg) and a wide body with some wheels to keep up and set screens (Johannes is excellent but Kunz is good too).  And linemates to go after rebounds.   

(I'm not arguing against a higher profile role for Perron, who shows flashes of genius every week.   I like Perron on a different line from Gaber since he will get more chances to play on the puck, and set up / shoot.)

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

When I got home from the CC game, I plugged my phone into the tv and watched the replay of the UND game. Was it me, or did it appear that after every time UND scored a goal, the volume went way down as if to prevent the tv viewer from hearing how loud the UND fans were. I wasn’t going to bring this up but since people have been talking about some of the various items regarding the announcers and production, I thought I’d throw it out there. Given St. Cloud’s history with their engaging in petty little shenanigans (remember when their news paper blurred out the Indian head on the player’s Sioux jersey for an article years ago? Or the tv broadcast refusing to show the Sioux logo on the screen?-they went with the interlocking ND instead), it wouldn’t surprise me if they did some manipulation with the sound last night.

Yeah that sort of stuff goes on when we’ve traveled to other places and on the national scale as well. Best traveling fan base, still wearing best logo ever, gets maybe a split second of show on ads or showing our fans on TV broadcasts. Exclusion, envy, both???

• Upvote 1

When I got home from the CC game, I plugged my phone into the tv and watched the replay of the UND game. Was it me, or did it appear that after every time UND scored a goal, the volume went way down as if to prevent the tv viewer from hearing how loud the UND fans were. I wasn’t going to bring this up but since people have been talking about some of the various items regarding the announcers and production, I thought I’d throw it out there. Given St. Cloud’s history with their engaging in petty little shenanigans (remember when their news paper blurred out the Indian head on the player’s Sioux jersey for an article years ago? Or the tv broadcast refusing to show the Sioux logo on the screen?-they went with the interlocking ND instead), it wouldn’t surprise me if they did some manipulation with the sound last night.

Except for the two bozos announcing, appears to be a student-run production. Guessing the faculty advisor has a score to settle with UND. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Makes sense to me. Gaber needs a skilled center man to get him the puck (checkmark for Berg) and a wide body with some wheels to keep up and set screens (Johannes is excellent but Kunz is good too).  And linemates to go after rebounds.   

(I'm not arguing against a higher profile role for Perron, who shows flashes of genius every week.   I like Perron on a different line from Gaber since he will get more chances to play on the puck, and set up / shoot.)

I'm assuming you mean on the setting screens part certainly not the wheels? And as for the reason why Kunz and not Perron, I can answer this based on Berry's history. I can almost guarantee he will say because if you move Perron that would mean changing 3 of the 4 lines rather than just 2 with the Kunz move. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

It’s been a while since having the luxury of being this talent deep!

• Upvote 2

Could be, because the only time I heard the fans was Pyke’s goal where they basically missed the goal.  The reason I thought we might have scored was because of the fan noise, and knowing we had the faceoff in their end of the ice.

• Upvote 1