SiouxSports.com Forum

Alaska @ UND - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

Just now, 90siouxfan said:

Maybe you should give up...

Congratulations to the team and coaches for making changes leading to starting the second half with breaking the four losses and getting the first win in the second half.

• Upvote 2

If UND can get another W tomorrow night I would expect Berry to get emails of thanks from Coaches at Maine, BU, BC, Denver, Quinnipiac, Wisconsin and any other potential #1 seeds come tournament time because that team is a potential nightmare in a 1 and done format. 

9 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

More teachable moments than just about any “W” I can remember.  Overall, loved the compete the last 45 minutes, but lots of room to improve. 

They certainly can’t count on Alaska’s goalie to be off again tomorrow, so they better be able to win a game scoring 3 or 4.  How about proving Schlossman wrong for picking a split.

In addition to UND's win last night, our strength of schedule had a nice night, as everyone in-conference won  (Denver, Western Michigan Omaha in OT), and none of non-conference opponents lost (Wisconsin W, Bemidji W, MSU-Mankato tied at Augie).   

51 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

In addition to UND's win last night, our strength of schedule had a nice night, as everyone in-conference won  (Denver, Western Michigan Omaha in OT), and none of non-conference opponents lost (Wisconsin W, Bemidji W, MSU-Mankato tied at Augie).   

Didn't UW beat ND, farce?

You make a nice point, though. 

11 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Hedquist has been good tonight.  Can’t stop tips. Alaska outshooting and outdrawing UND. 

Agreed. The stats don’t look great but the eye test was decent. We’ve seen most goalies struggle mightily in their first couple of starts in the Ralph, and by comparison I’d say HH looked plenty solid.  

3 minutes ago, SIOUXpucks said:

Agreed. The stats don’t look great but the eye test was decent. We’ve seen most goalies struggle mightily in their first couple of starts in the Ralph, and by comparison I’d say HH looked plenty solid.  

Agree. Hope he gets another start tonight which will continue his development and confidence level. We need our backup goalie to be ready. 

1 minute ago, burd said:

They definitely need to work on draws.   They can be (and will be, sooner or later) huge on special teams.   

....and huge when they go on another 4 game stretch of 3x3 OT

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Can I get a performance review for Hedquist?

Yes he gave up four, but goals are scored on the 6 guys on the ice, not just him. 

I thought he played well.  Certainly did better than we've seen others in their first "real" playing time at REA.
Two of the goals were deflections on shots from the point.  And the last goal had a ton of traffic in front of him when UAF had their goalie pulled.

He wasn't forced to make any amazing saves, he just kept it simple.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I thought he played well.  Certainly did better than we've seen others in their first "real" playing time at REA.
Two of the goals were deflections on shots from the point.  And the last goal had a ton of traffic in front of him when UAF had their goalie pulled.

He wasn't forced to make any amazing saves, he just kept it simple.

Agree