SiouxSports.com Forum

Sacramento State @ UND 11/25/23 Playoff

SiouxFan100

12 hours ago, SDHornet said:

Just dropping by to say good game. I thought we had a chance if the coaches went with Bennett over Conklin, but I didn’t expect KB to be as unstoppable as he was. He’s been banged up this season so wasn’t sure if he was back to 100%.

Also thought you guys had all the mo by going ground and pound in the 3rd quarter and totally taking over the complexion of the game. Mind boggling why you guys went away from that, it’s like there was a switch that was turned on at halftime and then off at the end of the 3rd quarter. 

Best of luck moving forward, I wouldn’t be so down on your squad. IMO, you guys have a talented bunch, specifically on offense, to continue to build around and be successful. I’m not going to pretend to know all the ins and outs of the MVFC but it’s apparent that you guys are competitive and seem to be just a half step behind those not named SDSU. A couple key additions here and there and you could be knocking off those top teams.

BTW I feel for this guy below. That was the typical feeling/facial expression of Hornets fans pre-2019.

image.jpeg.96070962508195704ed39f03ea259c5f.jpeg

Unfortunately according to some on this site we are not allowed to enjoy this season.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

11 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Yo Yo iit’s Mexico.  

We are only like 5 of the 180 FCS teams to make the playoffs 4/5 last years or whatever that stat is.

Let’s remember without Bubba and Danny, we could and probably would be much, much worse.

Would that be fun?  Nope. This team gives us more than something to cheer for every year.

We don’t pay our head coach 350k plus and our assistans 150 k plus like NDSMoo and SDSMoo.  Those are top, top programs.  We are a top program.  More than 5 people need to get their checkbooks out like the Moos.

Sadly at UND, those numbers plus go to hockey.  Ever seen what our basketball assistants get paid?  Pathetic.

To most of the haters on here, take a look at the posts, your spelling aint so good.

As Dabo Sweeney at Clemson recently said to a critic, “You are welcome to apply”.  Good luck.

I am also guessing recruiting to the frozen tundra also aint so easy.  I remember walkiing to class and had blurry vision.  Everytihing was damn frozen and it took me half the class to figure out one of my lenses had fallen out.

Get your checkbooks out and support the team and coaches.  

Thanks for contributing - prepare to get trashed by the usual suspects. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

Thanks for contributing - prepare to get trashed by the usual suspects. 

Yeah, those of us who don't think a Division I athletic department should be run like a high school athletic department. If you are fine with everything as it is, that is your prerogative. But don't be surprised that there are people that think the status quo is not the best we can hope for.

• Upvote 4

Well I listened to the game again…great announcers. Overall very disappointed but not sure who to blame….

we need a culture of winning not a culture of mediocrity. AD has to “grow a pair” like my cardiologist would say  after a meeting. Then it goes down the organizational chart, IMHO.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Goon said:

Exactly what are we supposed to enjoy? Getting embarrassed at home in the first round of the FCS playoffs, again? There's no reason this team wasn't 8-3 and after winning Saturday 9-3 and on to the next round. We barely beat three really bad teams. We got blown out by UNI. We went 1-4 on the road this season. Are we celebrating the win against Murray State? That team was horrendous (2-9, and 1-7 MVFC). I watched that game in the deer stand, the Hawks almost lost that game. Our friends to the south beat them 38-6.  We beat NDSU and the Hawks went soft, the next week, I was reading quotes from the head coach about the team being depleted and not at being full-strength. It's the next man up. 

We almost lost to winless Illinois State it was like ISU was the team that had a winning record. Do we want more of this? What the hell are we celebrating? The team is a joke to many in the FCS. But don't worry, we had another winning season. My God! People wanted to run Brad Berry out of town for not making the NCAA tourney. His team has accomplished way more than the Football team. I keep hearing the UND football team doesn't have shiny things like the hockey team. They're getting a brand new locker room. They're getting a new turf at Memorial Stadium. What else do they need? They fly charter to all of their games. Granted they're not getting fed like the hockey team. What is the answer and why can't UND be a powerhouse in football? 

In short, its coaching...

-Development including strength and conditioning

-Game planning

-in-game adjustments

-in game decisions

-play calling

-CONFIDENCE

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Yo Yo iit’s Mexico.  

We are only like 5 of the 180 FCS teams to make the playoffs 4/5 last years or whatever that stat is.

Let’s remember without Bubba and Danny, we could and probably would be much, much worse.

Would that be fun?  Nope. This team gives us more than something to cheer for every year.

We don’t pay our head coach 350k plus and our assistans 150 k plus like NDSMoo and SDSMoo.  Those are top, top programs.  We are a top program.  More than 5 people need to get their checkbooks out like the Moos.

Sadly at UND, those numbers plus go to hockey.  Ever seen what our basketball assistants get paid?  Pathetic.

To most of the haters on here, take a look at the posts, your spelling aint so good.

As Dabo Sweeney at Clemson recently said to a critic, “You are welcome to apply”.  Good luck.

I am also guessing recruiting to the frozen tundra also aint so easy.  I remember walkiing to class and had blurry vision.  Everytihing was damn frozen and it took me half the class to figure out one of my lenses had fallen out.

Get your checkbooks out and support the team and coaches.  

Maybe you should pay Matt Entz from Moo U to come coach the USPS birds. I dont think anyone would be sad to see him leave.

But recruiting coaches and players to live in Grand Forks ain't easy. And I like Grand Forks more than Fargo

8 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

But recruiting coaches and players to live in Grand Forks ain't easy. And I like Grand Forks more than Fargo

It’s not impossible. A lot of ways, principally finances. The opinion of an NDSU fan will always be considered with a major grain of salt. Thanks for comment though. 

On 11/26/2023 at 12:00 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

No, more apathetic at this point. Are you happy?

No I'm not happy about Saturday.  My original comment was facetious no doubt.  I didn't care for the carve regarding the hockey program is all.  It was the term "unfortunately" which I perceived as a carve.  Yes I want the football program to be better and more consistent, not at the expense of hockey though.  I probably took the post I responded to out of context.  Happens all the time these days with forums and texts etc...

32 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

No I'm not happy about Saturday.  My original comment was facetious no doubt.  I didn't care for the carve regarding the hockey program is all.  It was the term "unfortunately" which I perceived as a carve.  Yes I want the football program to be better and more consistent, not at the expense of hockey though.  I probably took the post I responded to out of context.  Happens all the time these days with forums and texts etc...

UND hockey is No.2 in the country. Should be No. 1 (again). They will continue to do well. 

Would be neat in the near future to have UND football finish in the top 10, or better yet, earn a national championship the same year as UND hockey does. 

EXPECTATIONS matter. 

On 11/25/2023 at 11:43 PM, SDHornet said:

Just dropping by to say good game. I thought we had a chance if the coaches went with Bennett over Conklin, but I didn’t expect KB to be as unstoppable as he was. He’s been banged up this season so wasn’t sure if he was back to 100%.

Also thought you guys had all the mo by going ground and pound in the 3rd quarter and totally taking over the complexion of the game. Mind boggling why you guys went away from that, it’s like there was a switch that was turned on at halftime and then off at the end of the 3rd quarter. 

Best of luck moving forward, I wouldn’t be so down on your squad. IMO, you guys have a talented bunch, specifically on offense, to continue to build around and be successful. I’m not going to pretend to know all the ins and outs of the MVFC but it’s apparent that you guys are competitive and seem to be just a half step behind those not named SDSU. A couple key additions here and there and you could be knocking off those top teams.

BTW I feel for this guy below. That was the typical feeling/facial expression of Hornets fans pre-2019.

image.jpeg.96070962508195704ed39f03ea259c5f.jpeg

He’s probably contemplating how many more years he will want to get out and support the team, when they can’t manage a stop by blind luck every once in a blue moon.   Also figuring how many years left on Bubba’s contract, then how many years to get up to speed after that.  With our luck Bubba will pull out just enough for Chaves to give him another extension, and more people will be doing the math.  Maybe Bubba should just do the right thing, because he isn’t getting any younger himself, but then again he doesn’t seem to be too stressed about the Ground Hog’s Day results we are forced to live year after year.