SiouxSports.com Forum

Sacramento State @ UND 11/25/23 Playoff

SiouxFan100

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

You are not even interested in looking for donors to fund a buyout. That is the apathetic attitude I have no patience for.

Do we have those kind of donors willing to dump money into football buyouts? We didn’t even use their money to make a hockey coaching change so how would we find the money for a FB one?

18 minutes ago, SIOUX29 said:

Ok, it’s the Coordinators. They’re the coaches. Fruend did not help the D coordinator out at all. 

35 points should be more than enough to win a game, Danny had a chance to carry the entire team on his back and decided to pass the ball instead. This loss is on the defense, offense almost pulled it off for them

Finally something we agree on! I would also be happy to contribute to a buyout. But I would gladly settle for no extension for Bubba.

Why not start it? Put your name behind something. Something to be said about waiting for somebody else to do something, seems a lot like this football program right now. Coward. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Thank you, Tommy.  Time for new blood at QB next season.  

We see how hard it is to defend a dual threat quarterback, but we are totally limiting our offense because we throw most of our passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and our quarterback only runs when he is forced to do so.  It is surprising that we can run the ball as well as we do.   Like I said before, having a game manager quarterback is fine if you have a lights out defense.  Our defense play like the lights are out, because they can’t seem to find anybody.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Do we have those kind of donors willing to dump money into football buyouts? We didn’t even use their money to make a hockey coaching change so how would we find the money for a FB one?

That's the point, we don't reach out to donors and/or potential donors. It's been documented on this forum that Champions Club members are often times not contacted and followed up with. NDSU is way better at staying in touch with their benefactors.

Look, I am just thermonuclear pi$$ed off right now. But I do think UND needs to be more proactive and assertive when it comes to fundraising for athletics.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

We see how hard it is to defend a dual threat quarterback, but we are totally limiting our offense because we throw most of our passes within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and our quarterback only runs when he is forced to do so.  It is surprising that we can run the ball as well as we do.   Like I said before, having a game manager quarterback is fine if you have a lights out defense.  Our defense play like the lights are out, because they can’t seem to find anybody.

^^^^^^^100%

4 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Why not start it? Put your name behind something. Something to be said about waiting for somebody else to do something, seems a lot like this football program right now. Coward. 

I suggested doing just that a few weeks ago on this forum and was told it wouldn't make enough of an impact to matter. And no need to make it personal.......son.

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

Might not be but he might have been promoted to keep him from taking a different job. He may be more in demand than you think. I’d give him a few years but not 10 like bubba.

Let’s not waste our time with him

• Upvote 1

I suggested doing just that a few weeks ago on this forum and was told it wouldn't make enough of an impact to matter. And no need to make it personal.......son.

So you decided against doing something because an anonymous forum said it might not work? Thanks for confirming the coward part.......son.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

That's the point, we don't reach out to donors and/or potential donors. It's been documented on this forum that Champions Club members are often times not contacted and followed up with. NDSU is way better at staying in touch with their benefactors.

Look, I am just thermonuclear pi$$ed off right now. But I do think UND needs to be more proactive and assertive when it comes to fundraising for athletics.

Boosters who care about football are the ones who are the one who could afford the buyout. If they are not contacting Chaves unprompted then we don’t have the boosters willing to pay for it. Do you think A&M reached out to boosters to see if they would pay for a buyout???? No the boosters were beating down the AD’s door demanding a firing. Chaves door must be safe ….

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Boosters who care about football are the ones who are the one who could afford the buyout. If they are not contacting Chaves unprompted then we don’t have the boosters willing to pay for it. Do you think A&M reached out to boosters to see if they would pay for a buyout???? No the boosters were beating down the AD’s door demanding a firing. Chaves door must be safe ….

A&M probably built relationships with benefactors that have paid off and will continue to pay off for them. Although I wouldn't want boosters to have that much power.

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Start a collective! Use the money to the direction 

Just now, UNDTIM20 said:

If Ziebarth hits the portal who picks him up?

He won’t transfer, it’s his backfield. Clear #1

You are serious? I guess I can do that. Stay tuned to this forum for future updates.

Won't hold my breath. Nobody is happy/satisfied with this season. Everybody is ready for change. Quit acting bigger than people. Start the fund, and let's get it going.