SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU @ The UND 10/14/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Yep. Outlook has completely changed. 

I’m going to hold judgement on this until we get a big road win, hopefully next week.  Much like the Ryder Cup, I need to see winning on foreign soil before I feel a fundamental shift going forward.  This certainly should be the impetus for the confidence to do that.  Let’s keep it rolling!

20 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Love that Danny didn’t get too cute today. We were running at will and he kept with it, even on 3rd down. 

The Vaughn pitch to Skokna was a beautiful play call and design.

At the end it was Bubba ball to perfection.  Run the ball, run the clock, keep your defense off the field.  Tommy had to do very little, heck Romfo got in.  

If you can get four yards or greater a pop, it can work.  We've seen the ugly though. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Love that Danny didn’t get too cute today. We were running at will and he kept with it, even on 3rd down. 

This might be a bigger sign going forward that the gap on the offensive line has narrowed and almost disappeared if they can keep doing it consistently.  Having not to rely solely on trick plays is where we need to be.

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

NDSU never adjusted, Danny kept taking it.  I am assuming NDSU used to have the personell to not have to adjust.  And now.....they don't.  We pushed them around.  It was great!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3