SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ South Dakota State 9/30/2023

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

Put the backups in and get them some valuable playing time 

Bubba said he wanted to developer depth during the 2 weeks off

lets see if it paid off coach 

The problem is that when your starters don’t even appear to be good depth guys you are in trouble regardless.  But hey, let’s defer to the second half because we can count on our defense to get us off to a good start.  That is just plain ignorance, or delusional.

• Upvote 3

Jackrabbits are very good.  Manhandling our defensive line and showing why we had concerns with linebackers and secondary going into this year.  We give too much room, don’t come up hard to meet the play, and have some tackling deficits.  That results in giving them 5 to 10 yards almost every play.  They are really good, but scares me for the next several weeks with how weak we have been defensively.  We also have to get our receivers PAST the line of scrimmage for a pass.  They are absolutely daring us to beat them more than 5 yards downfield and we won’t do it.

• Upvote 1

Any reason whatsoever to keep Bubba after this season? He’s in his 10th year and I think we’ve seen what he can do, basically a .500 coach. If he were to coach another 10 years I don’t think we would see anything different. If you want to see UND football be successful and actually compete for championships why would you keep the the status quo?

• Upvote 4

Just now, rochsioux said:

Any reason whatsoever to keep Bubba after this season? He’s in his 10th year and I think we’ve seen what he can do, basically a .500 coach. If he were to coach another 10 years I don’t think we would see anything different. If you want to see UND football be successful and actually compete for championships why would you keep the the status quo?

He needs to go after this game. Don’t even let him back on the team bus

• Upvote 1

The sad part is that no amount of practice will change any of this. The players aren't good enough to be FCS title contenders. Our D front never wins a 1 on 1. It's the recruiting, this staff cannot identify  D1 talent. I hear a lot about finding kids that fit our culture? I like to find some talent and teach them culture. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

28-7.......ball game.

Gonna get a beat on UND and the points too. I'll never learn.

There was nothing in me that thought UND would win but thought they'd have enough game to cover the spread. 

Me too. I will never in my life bet on UND beating the spread again. F me