SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

I'm bothered more by the manner in which we lost, than the loss itself.   

Going on the road to a solid FBS team was always going to be long odds against winning.  But the many errors, mental and physical, need to be fixed soon.   Good time to have a bye week and get our heads on straight before the next big games. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

It baffles me how you and others are okay with losing. I don't care who we played, you are admitting to being okay with losing. That is such a sh***y attitude and thought process to have. And that is exactly the issue with UND football currently. Too many people are okay with losing, don't want to hold coaches & players accountable, and don't expect more! 

I've said it before on here as a former college athlete, but fan expectations absolutely matter. They absolutely affect how the players and coaches perform. Overall, UND football fan and athletic department expectations are that they are okay losing in big games and are okay being average. Things won't change until everyone around UND football and fans start to expect more.

I’m not happy with this loss. I’m also not going to call for the coach’s heads after one game or give up on this team when there is a ton of season left. Need to play perfect in the two big SU matchups and be perfect on the rest of the games. Tall task but we can do it

4 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

It baffles me how you and others are okay with losing. I don't care who we played, you are admitting to being okay with losing. That is such a sh***y attitude and thought process to have. And that is exactly the issue with UND football currently. Too many people are okay with losing, don't want to hold coaches & players accountable, and don't expect more! 

I've said it before on here as a former college athlete, but fan expectations absolutely matter. They absolutely affect how the players and coaches perform. Overall, UND football fan and athletic department expectations are that they are okay losing in big games and are okay being average. Things won't change until everyone around UND football and fans start to expect more.

Please tell me you don't think that the players and coaches perform according to the thoughts of a group of 40 guys/gals chat on a team message board!

And for the record almost all of us have higher expectations than you suggest; the only issue is most of us do not keep rehashing negative history to support our thoughts. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, shep said:

Please tell me you don't think that the players and coaches perform according to the thoughts of a group of 40 guys/gals chat on a team message board!

And for the record almost all of us have higher expectations than you suggest; the only issue is most of us do not keep rehashing negative history to support our thoughts. 

I think the expectations for UND football go beyond this message board…

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

We should really question some of your judgments if you thought UND showed they were good enough to beat this Boise team. Hard to take any of you seriously.

Actually I think UND is good enough to have won this game. They didn’t play well enough to win this game. Missed XP, too many missed tackles, dropped ints, lost outside contain too many times, terrible center snaps, QB fumbles, QB slow to deliver passes, defense can ignore our TE’s.  Disappointing loss. 

You are correct cuz with these mistakes, they didn’t show what they are capable of. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Actually I think UND is good enough to have won this game. They didn’t play well enough to win this game. Missed XP, too many missed tackles, dropped ints, lost outside contain too many times, terrible center snaps, QB fumbles, QB slow to deliver passes, defensive can ignore our TE’s.  Disappointing loss. 

yeah where did q go?  odd

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

and all 3 of those schools could care less about football........

3 hours ago, homer said:

Exactly.  Not a great comparison.  

Florida doesn’t care about football?  Surely, you jest.  The fact that the other two schools who “could care less about football” absolutely whooped two FCS schools kind of proves my point, doesn’t it? 

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Florida doesn’t care about football?  Surely, you jest.  The fact that the other two schools who “could care less about football” absolutely whooped two FCS schools kind of proves my point, doesn’t it? 

we meant murray state, mcneese state, and isu.................

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

we meant murray state, mcneese state, and isu.................

I’m trying to wrap my head around how folks think a middle-of-the-road FCS team would roll into Boise and expect to walk away with a W.   SDSU or NDSU might be able to do that - but it’s still a BIG maybe. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I’m trying to wrap my head around how folks think a middle-of-the-road FCS team would roll into Boise and expect to walk away with a W.   SDSU or NDSU might be able to do that - but it’s still a BIG maybe. 

Again, the disappointment is the way we lost.   It’s not wrong to expect players to make plays.  Two legit dropped INTs, defensive players losing contain, Tommy making poor plays, CJ getting beat multiple times, OL looking lost at times.  

Shouldn’t be hard to wrap your head around the expectations of making those plays regardless of opponent

• Like 3

Are we done with the BS about Schuster somehow being a "great" QB?  He has very good numbers at home, but how often have we seen him implode against good teams on the road?  UND will never go anywhere without a QB that can perform under pressure, and Schuster is not that guy.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

Are we done with the BS about Schuster somehow being a "great" QB?  He has very good numbers at home, but how often have we seen him implode against good teams on the road?  UND will never go anywhere without a QB that can perform under pressure, and Schuster is not that guy.  

but he's a mvfc all confernce qb?