SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

28 minutes ago, Irish said:

You would think - but there is no demand for excellence for UND football.

Sad truth. It’s a broken culture; it can be fixed, but will take years … and forceful uncomfortable demands. Unfortunately, North Dakotans are some of the worst at handling “uncomfortable”.

Doesn’t help athletic department is headed by hockey goons.  Many forget that UND funds hockey, not hockey funds UND…

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND offense struggled against the #1 defense in the Mountain West. Who would have expected that….

Not one to hold grudges like you, but we’ll see how many games this “juggernaut” Boise State team wins. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sputter, but we’ll see. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Didn't see any of the game.  From a psyche standpoint we've got to make extra points.  Instead of being down one score we're still down 10 because we are chasing a miss on the easiest play in football.

Chased points way too early 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

As an O-line guy. Our snaps to the QB needs to get better. (No clue if nerves or what but way more inconsistent this game than other two) Don’t matter who our QB is (never played QB) it’s tough to make your progression or throw a timing route when snaps are low and then high.  Even Feeney had a crappy snaps. We had this issue with this till Peyton stepped in. This is a must fix, don’t mater qb or scheme if it is In consistent.

This loss sucks, because if we were tied at 14 (missed exp hurt) before half we would have momentum and with a lead can run the ball and utilize our misdirection and play action which appears to be our strength. 

Agreed. Snaps were off all game. Also, UND should’ve committed to the run more to slow down the pass rush. Not sure there was a single run called on 2nd and medium the entire game ..

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

Has this program made any incremental progress in the last 5 years? I haven’t seen much. I appreciate the hard work by the student athletes- no offense here. Just asking?

To be fair, what did we expect when Chaves extended a 5-6 coaching staff? We have had our heads in the clouds. You can wish in one hand and sh*t in the other, and see which one fills up first …

IMG_1644.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Defense wasn’t bad. That’s a positive for me as we move into conference play. The offense needs to find an identity outside of “how many times can I force the ball to Belquist”.

if the older guys can't get open.......try the younger guys

if the older guy can't throw........try the younger guy

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

UND offense struggled against the #1 defense in the Mountain West. Who would have expected that….

Last year when UND lost to Nebraska, it was “but hey guys, we just lost to a Big 10 team in front of 90,000 fans, it’ll be okay”. Next game Nebraska ends up firing their coach … we have several fairies “supporting” UND football right now. Glad delusions run high in some though, I guess, to keep some “positive” comments coming. 

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND needed to play a clean game to pull off the upset. They came out and played sloppy, especially on offense. As such, you get what we got. A pretty decidable (and beyond disappointing) loss.

On to South Dakota State, but I’m sensing rinse and repeat cycle with this coaching staff. We will see if the bye week brings forth some improvement for a big game against the FCS #1 team. 

The ONLY f'ing good thing about this is I hope our team comes in pissed off as hell against SDSU. I want a win against SDSU. I hope this loss sits in their crawl all season! 

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Last year when UND lost to Nebraska, it was “but hey guys, we just lost to a Big 10 team in front of 90,000 fans, it’ll be okay”. Next game Nebraska ends up firing their coach … we have several fairies “supporting” UND football right now. Glad delusions run high in some though, I guess, to keep some “positive” comments coming. 

It’s just one game, we have 8 more

Just now, Sioux94 said:

The ONLY f'ing good thing about this is I hope our team comes in pissed off as hell against SDSU. I want a win against SDSU. I hope this loss sits in their crawl all season! 

I agree, I agree. I certainly “hope” for this also, but it just seems so distant at this point. We will see.

23 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Not one to hold grudges like you, but we’ll see how many games this “juggernaut” Boise State team wins. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sputter, but we’ll see. 

I’m not the one who said Boise was going to be the best MW team this year. Media and coaches are the dummies not me

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Well half of those things are out of our control with who we had take the field today….. it’s like expecting Drake to beat SDSU today

You do realize that setting expectations like you are will never allow UND to take the next step, right? What did NDSU and SDSU do the last time they played Mountain West opponents? You do realize that NDSU and SDSU are in UND’s conference; they are the benchmark. Also, you can’t just turn on and off your team like a light-switch. Doesn’t work that way. The way you play against FBS correlates to how you play vs the top of the FCS.