SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I can’t believe some people here actually watch the same thing happen over and over again every single big game for the last 10 years and keep defending it.

I don’t get how you are just okay with losing in big games and then making excuses. At some point Bubba and crew need to actually get it done or move on. 

100%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Boise was nothing more than a glorified FCS program.  Nothing that was jaw dropping about them.  Difference was UND self destructed.

Agree. Boise State nothing too special. They turned the ball over, and then UND would just give it right back. Missed opportunities for picks by UND; gotta make big plays in big games to take the next step. UND didn’t execute (again) and another golden opportunity missed by this program / coaching staff on national TV. Onto South Dakota State …

17 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I can’t believe some people here actually watch the same thing happen over and over again every single big game for the last 10 years and keep defending it.

I don’t get how you are just okay with losing in big games and then making excuses. At some point Bubba and crew need to actually get it done or move on. 

Did you really expect UND to beat a decent FCS team today?  I didn’t.  $650K check collected, mission accomplished. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Did you really expect UND to beat a decent FCS team today?  I didn’t.  $650K check collected, mission accomplished. 

You’re right, Boise is a decent FCS team basically. You know what’s better than collecting a 650k check? Collecting a 650k check and winning. 

• Upvote 2

I would expect UND to beat a decent FCS team.  Boise State didn’t look any better than a decent FCS team.  Certainly not a decent FBS team. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I would expect UND to beat a decent FCS team.  Boise State didn’t look any better than a decent FCS team.  Certainly not a decent FBS team. 

Could it be UND at best is just a decent FCS team?

5 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Absolutely. The next three or four games will tell us a lot. Maybe today was an aberration but based on history probably not. I think they’ll go 2-2 at best. I hope I’m wrong. 

2-2, as I said from day 1, is most likely, and it’s not good enough. It basically is a microcosm of the same ol’ same ol’. Means UND with their current setup continues to falter in big games. 

Hope I’m wrong. Hope UND beats SDSU. I’ll be there supporting in-person, per usual. At some point, got to just get it done. If it ain’t working, though, can’t keep trying the same thing over and over; gotta try something different. 

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’re right, Boise is a decent FCS team basically. You know what’s better than collecting a 650k check? Collecting a 650k check and winning. 

Yep, sure is.  And realistically when it’s FCS vs FBS, there’s about a 1 in 25 chance of that.  

• Upvote 1

Yep, sure is.  And realistically when it’s FCS vs FBS, there’s about a 1 in 25 chance of that.  

Ask NDSU (and even SDSU of late) if those odds hold up… I’ll wait.

You're supporting mediocrity, and there’s no reasonable way to spin it. It’s not just you, though; it’s a culture issue. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You do realize that setting expectations like you are will never allow UND to take the next step, right? What did NDSU and SDSU do the last time they played Mountain West opponents? You do realize that NDSU and SDSU are in UND’s conference; they are the benchmark. Also, you can’t just turn on and off your team like a light-switch. Doesn’t work that way. The way you play against FBS correlates to how you play vs the top of the FCS.

You think we would have lost to CSU or Nevada today? Not even close, big difference between Boise and the bottom feeders that should be in the big sky

21 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

2-2, as I said from day 1, is most likely, and it’s not good enough. It basically is a microcosm of the same ol’ same ol’. Means UND with their current setup continues to falter in big games. 

Hope I’m wrong. Hope UND beats SDSU. I’ll be there supporting in-person, per usual. At some point, got to just get it done. If it ain’t working, though, can’t keep trying the same thing over and over; gotta try something different. 

You should have caught up with Bill Chaves to give him your two cents before they left to get on the plane. 

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

We should really question some of your judgments if you thought UND showed they were good enough to beat this Boise team. Hard to take any of you seriously.

25 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Ask NDSU (and even SDSU of late) if those odds hold up… I’ll wait.

You're supporting mediocrity, and there’s no reasonable way to spin it. It’s not just you, though; it’s a culture issue. 

Some FBS/FCS scores from last weekend for you:

Florida 49, McNeese State 7

Louisville 56, Murray State 0

Indiana 41, Indiana State 7  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If only 4 had held the easy pick six it would have put some pressure on BSU

As I think I mentioned once before the game, we have to take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. That is a good example of when we didn't, a long with fumbling the ball away before half when going in for the tying score. I hate NDSU, but they always made those plays in those games when it mattered. They uncannily made those key plays every time when it mattered for like 10 straight years. 

• Upvote 1