SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

25 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

no chance....miller writes up these articles every year about "______ lighting it up in camp".....and they are almost never to be heard from again.

I would probably agree with this. If Romfo is #2 you can say goodbye in the portal to whomever is #3. Which if Jerry ends up #1 and Trey #2, I'd say most likely Trey hits the portal anyway.  I'm sure he'd like to play somewhere than just be a backup his entire college career.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m going to make a somewhat bold take. No matter who is named the starting QB, I think Romfo is no lower than 2 on the depth chart. And he’s going to play regardless, but that’s not bold. 

When I was at practice on Saturday, Simon was the best QB on the field that day, and that is nothing to be alarmed about. Athletic, savvy, good touch on passes, composed and not rushed in the pocket , and went through his progressions the best, moved safeties where he wanted them to go with glances and well timed ball fakes. Clearly looked like a qb who has been in the system for a while. 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

When I was at practice on Saturday, Simon was the best QB on the field that day, and that is nothing to be alarmed about. Athletic, savvy, good touch on passes, composed and not rushed in the pocket , and went through his progressions the best, moved safeties where he wanted them to go with glances and well timed ball fakes. Clearly looked like a qb who has been in the system for a while. 

Wow.

I trust your eyes and judgement.

The kid is a state champ and is a great competitor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

no chance....miller writes up these articles every year about "______ lighting it up in camp".....and they are almost never to be heard from again.

FWIW, I was thinking this prior to his article but fair. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

alleniverson-practice.gif

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, shep said:

Aren't they being graded based on what they do at PRACTICE??

It was one Saturday practice. He's not going to be QB1. Zero chance. Bo didn't come back for that.  Word on the street is he's Tommy Lite and most here wanted Tommy gone.

13 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

It was one Saturday practice. He's not going to be QB1. Zero chance. Bo didn't come back for that.  Word on the street is he's Tommy Lite and most here wanted Tommy gone.

Exactly.  Simon was the best “that day.” Thanks for reinforcing my point.  At no point was it suggested that anyone is a lock for QB1 at this point in camp. That’s what fall camp, er, I mean, practice will determine. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I suspect you're right about the number of incredibly knowledgeable football scholars who come to this site who wanted to get rid of Tommy.

Too bad that a Big Ten team Michigan State got stuck with him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shep said:

I suspect you're right about the number of incredibly knowledgeable football scholars who come to this site who wanted to get rid of Tommy.

Too bad that a Big Ten team Michigan State got stuck with him.

GPA

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

He’s got the best and quickest release. I did not know he could throw that well. My sample size was very small but it was clear from the first throw. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

That's a 46.8% fee, so your post should have gone under the "Crime" thread.

Pro tip.......if you see someone selling tickets on this site take them up on it. Better seats.....better cost.

I've heard something similar to this before...."No I'd rather pay Ticketmaster $25 for a seat in the Sec 217 Row HH than give someone $30 for a seat in Sec 206 Row K."

• Upvote 2

Hearing Klein’s broken hand isnt healing as planned and doesn’t plan on getting surgery. He probably will not be able to play next season and might medically retire before the season starts. Hope 16 gets healthy for his senior year

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Sounds like another day where Romfo was the best QB. Starting to stack up W’s. He might just win this battle. Still plenty of time though. 

I hope he's winning it and the other 2 are not losing it. Could be a loaded QB room which is necessary if the OL does not protect the starter.

• Upvote 1

Just now, shep said:

I hope he's winning it and the other 2 are not losing it. Could be a loaded QB room which is necessary if the OL does not protect the starter.

Exactly.  Tommy was a true freshman and number #3 QB.  He played early in the season.  Injuries hurt us bad that year at QB.