SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

… of course.

Incredibly predictable response. And my response is also very predictable: I didn’t need to ask any difficult questions; I’ve already done that behind closed doors. Fairly obvious any difficult questions that were raised during a “town hall” were not going to lead to any changes, particularly involving staffing. Still, I was curious to see what would transpire, and it was, like I said, generic.

Do tell! Very interested in what you learned "behind closed doors." Perhaps you could share the  difficult questions you asked, to whom you addressed them and what specifically you were told in response.

53 minutes ago, SooToo said:

Do tell! Very interested in what you learned "behind closed doors." Perhaps you could share the  difficult questions you asked, to whom you addressed them and what specifically you were told in response.

The majority of this forum is populated by the exact opposite sort of people I’d like to share any of that with. I’d be very surprised if UND football takes on a different identity in 2024, as the same ol’, same ol’ is still in the place. But hey, if you enjoy some wins here, some losses there, and an early playoff exit, then you should love 2024, just like all the other seasons (albeit playoffs might not even happen this season). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Take it with a grain of salt, maybe lots of salt.   Bison at 1?   Coyotes at 4?  Sac State at 7?    Have to see what the polls look like after a few weeks of play.

Whomever did this ranking obviously must think what SDSU did the last two years was a fluke.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Whomever did this ranking obviously must think what SDSU did the last two years was a fluke.

????  They ranked them number 2 didn't they?  I'd say that's showing respect.

1 hour ago, NDRA said:

????  They ranked them number 2 didn't they?  I'd say that's showing respect.

The two-time defending FCS champions should be #1. No exceptions. If the Bison were defending FCS champions and were ranked #2, the outrage from Imperial Cass County would be palpable.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The two-time defending FCS champions should be #1. No exceptions. If the Bison were defending FCS champions and were ranked #2, the outrage from Imperial Cass County would be palpable.

IIRC there were years that they weren't ranked one after winning the NC.  Think a couple of times JMU came out on top in preseason polls.  At any rate SDSU had 2 guys drafted and another 5 or 6? signed UDFA contracts so I'd say they have some questions to answer.

WOW An absolutely great editorial in the Mpls. Star Tribune this morning about college sports but mostly football. The “Wild West of college football that the NCAA” and “1906 Teddy Roosevelt helped create the NCAA (?)to stop TRAMP ATHELTES who were forever on the move from school to school.” The author says we now have tramp athletes again due to NIL.

Interested what people think. Either rank these in order of most likely to least likely or how many (if any) of the three do you think are likely.

• Improved QB play over last year
  • O-Line being average MVFC unit (Step back from last year, but still adequate) 
  • Defense being average MVFC unit (Step or two better than last year)

On 5/9/2024 at 10:24 PM, Hawkster said:

Take it with a grain of salt, maybe lots of salt.   Bison at 1?   Coyotes at 4?  Sac State at 7?    Have to see what the polls look like after a few weeks of play.

Not disagreeing with some rankings but UND is nowhere to found. Would having UND being ranked at #22 be any better? Look at some of those schools in the top 25. What's going to be the continued excuses? Coach's pay? Locker rooms? Facilities? 

• Upvote 4

On 5/10/2024 at 12:45 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

It's a new year, the rankings are on the perception of what the new year is going to bring.  If SDSU lost their whole offensive line to FBS, they should still be ranked #1?

I do find it incredibly odd that a playoff team from the previous year would be left off of any Top 25 poll.

Edit: Granted, I couldn't have my finger on the pulse of non-MVFC teams any less but do find it somewhat surprising that (1) All the hits UND has taken got to the "national" FCS personalities (2) That other schools presumably haven't had some of the same issues (especially outside of the Top 10 teams). 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, tnt said:

It's a new year, the rankings are on the perception of what the new year is going to bring.  If SDSU lost their whole offensive line to FBS, they should still be ranked #1?

Truth be told, all preseason rankings are worthless. Nobody knows which teams will underachieve and/or overachieve. We won't have a good sense of that until 3 to 4 weeks into the season.

• Upvote 2

On 5/9/2024 at 5:34 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

We return almost no one outside of Bo, including coaches. Not many programs can keep it rolling after that kind of upset. Honestly not worried about offense though the the question is if the defense can really ever get any worse than last year…

Sadly, UND and "rolling" haven't been connected in any sport lately.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Truth be told, all preseason rankings are worthless. Nobody knows which teams will underachieve and/or overachieve. We won't have a good sense of that until 3 to 4 weeks into the season.

Agree, I think they are just there to get the fans talking and interested for the upcoming season.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Interested what people think. Either rank these in order of most likely to least likely or how many (if any) of the three do you think are likely.

• Improved QB play over last year
  • O-Line being average MVFC unit (Step back from last year, but still adequate) 
  • Defense being average MVFC unit (Step or two better than last year)

Most Likely - Improved QB Play

Middle - O-line

Least Likely - defense being average

I am not confident in any of these happening though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

when digger stopped the bizon on 4th down.

Solid answer only challenged by the defense from about 10 years ago that could actually intercept a pass and change a game. 

• Upvote 2