SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, Johnny Five said:

I can't believe that play call.  My god.  That being said it just felt like Montana was the better team and the Bison somehow hung around.  Too many false starts, missed open passes and drops.  

The runner up trophy goes to Montana this year, and they deserved it today.  I don't think either team was gonna stay within 3 of SDSU.

Time to see WTF happens with the coaching staff and see how deep they get gashed in the transfer portal.

I was told the players love Tyler.  If he's the guy do some/most stick around?

I get trying to be creative and throw something at their defense they haven’t seen before…..but WTF!!  Biggest play of the game and season and  you have 2 competent quarterbacks, and you take the ball out of both their hands and have a WR throw the ball?!!  Just an all time horrible call. They will be talking about that play in the west lot for years!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LuvHockey said:

I gotta believe there are a LOT of FCS fans nationwide who are sooo happy fU is done. Again. People are just tired of them. I’m included. 

Don’t know if would say fU is “done” but I’m right there with ya in that it’s great to see them not be in the championship this year. 

10 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

SU will lose most of its roster...

Been a narrative for years and they keep bouncing back in the postseason time and time again. There’s support and expectations in place, which UND football is still trying to desperately grow (extending a coach after a losing season … my god). I hope NDSU doesn’t win another game for 50 years, but that’s my heart; my head says they’ll be back as good as ever (may not win it all but still dang good) again next year. 

53 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

I meant starters 

I’m always in wait and see mode when it comes to NDSU. Until I see it, I’ll assume every key player w/ eligibility returns. They’ve had minor speed bumps over the last decade plus, but it never truly compounds on each other. They lose a playoff game they were the better team, in unconventional fashion (penalties / ST’s). So hard for me to believe they’d now lose 3 to 4 key players to the portal as well.

24 minutes ago, AJS said:

I’m always in wait and see mode when it comes to NDSU. Until I see it, I’ll assume every key player w/ eligibility returns. They’ve had minor speed bumps over the last decade plus, but it never truly compounds on each other. They lose a playoff game they were the better team, in unconventional fashion (penalties / ST’s). So hard for me to believe they’d now lose 3 to 4 key players to the portal as well.

They graduate a good amount of starters. In the past I would totally agree with you but NIL is changing that. Kansas State, Northwestern and now USC will be knocking on their doors. And watch what happens if Roehl doesn’t get the job after all the players vouched for him.

12 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Been a narrative for years and they keep bouncing back in the postseason time and time again. There’s support and expectations in place, which UND football is still trying to desperately grow (extending a coach after a losing season … my god). I hope NDSU doesn’t win another game for 50 years, but that’s my heart; my head says they’ll be back as good as ever (may not win it all but still dang good) again next year. 

Agree on the never count them out part. 

I heard (on UND360 I believe) that they lost 30 from last year to this year.  11 graduated and 19 transfers.  That's a big turnover and they went 2 OT for a chance to make the finals again.

• Upvote 1