SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

Just now, Godsmack said:

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or not but interesting take from our friends at letsgodu….They’re speculating the possibility of NDSU and SDSU leaving to joint the Mountain West conference.

https://letsgodu.com/2023/07/27/colorados-pac-12-exit-dominoes-could-hit-university-of-denver-summit-league/

Already mentioned in the conference realignment thread.

My take: A whole lot of moving parts before that is a possibility. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, Godsmack said:

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or not but interesting take from our friends at letsgodu….They’re speculating the possibility of NDSU and SDSU leaving to joint the Mountain West conference.

https://letsgodu.com/2023/07/27/colorados-pac-12-exit-dominoes-could-hit-university-of-denver-summit-league/

SDSU isn’t desirable to the MWC plus they can’t afford it unless some big donors $$$ step up

On 8/11/2023 at 12:30 PM, Godsmack said:

everything revolving around conference realignment right now is click bait what if's

On 8/11/2023 at 12:24 PM, The Sicatoka said:

They have a three-year agreement but I'm surprised this was released. 

That brand is struggling of late. 

bison-countdown-2023.png

Remember: No Politics. 

When I saw a bus with the above logo splattered on it, I immediately shared it with my Bison friends. 

They do not like it.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Fargodome getting some much needed and long overdue renovations (potentially).  Needs to put to a vote, but I would be shocked if it didn't pass.

City eyes new sales tax, lodging tax to fund Fargodome expansion, conference center - InForum | Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo news, weather and sports

That's a lot of $ for some lipstick.. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

That 3% lodging tax is a hike and did it say what the lodging tax is now? A few years ago I paid 14% in Duluth’s Canal Park. 
As I remember from friends who lived there at the time, the Fargodome had a little controversy when it passed.

It’s 3% now and goes to 6%