SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

14 hours ago, AJS said:

Let's circle back to this. I also was very skeptical of the numbers that were being tossed around. Originally, multiple players were reported to have 6 figure NIL deals. McFeeley reported 250K that one had, Izzo said 1/2 million this week on his show. Those numbers were clearly not accurate. Are we thinking they were reported 2X, 3X, 10X the actual number? I also don't believe as many players that were reported had them. Kudos to the Coaching staff / players. I'm sure the collective is still pretty modest, but boy did they get the ball moving by completely exaggerating what was happening. 

Starting to question the offers they supposedly got, I couldn’t imagine my kid turning down 6 figure offers when the NFL is not guaranteed 

2 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

You keep holding on to that as that's the only thing you got.  How'd that work out in the playoffs and recruiting?

Heard your new DC was the guy in charge of both the unit that gave up a 100 yard TD to start the game and the crew that got bowled over and missed tackles the other 59:50 of the game. And he got a babysitter to watch over him. Big fan of TP already! 

25 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Heard your new DC was the guy in charge of both the unit that gave up a 100 yard TD to start the game and the crew that got bowled over and missed tackles the other 59:50 of the game. And he got a babysitter to watch over him. Big fan of TP already! 

Like I say it's all you got.  Sad 

17 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

We have gotten to the depths of despair where we are criticizing another program's coordinator hires??  Outside of that one hour in October what have we done as a program in the last 20 years??

This is SiouxSports.com, not Bisonville. If NDSU fans want their a$$es kissed, they are in the wrong place.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

You keep holding on to that as that's the only thing you got.  How'd that work out in the playoffs and recruiting?

NDSU at the same place as UND right now … not in the playoffs/championship game. 

Recruiting TBD

Facts are facts … but they can be tough to fathom if you’re an NDSU associate …

On 12/22/2023 at 7:41 AM, AJS said:

Let's circle back to this. I also was very skeptical of the numbers that were being tossed around. Originally, multiple players were reported to have 6 figure NIL deals. McFeeley reported 250K that one had, Izzo said 1/2 million this week on his show. Those numbers were clearly not accurate. Are we thinking they were reported 2X, 3X, 10X the actual number? I also don't believe as many players that were reported had them. Kudos to the Coaching staff / players. I'm sure the collective is still pretty modest, but boy did they get the ball moving by completely exaggerating what was happening. 

Thought about this as well.  As an FBS school do you try and throw 6 figure offers at top FCS kids that will be there for a year, or do you throw it a 4 star 18 year old who could be swayed with money on the table like that and be around 3 or 4 years?  Honestly they probably have the cash to do both.  

If the kid used that to get more money from the green and gold group then he's got a future in sales.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Thought about this as well.  As an FBS school do you try and throw 6 figure offers at top FCS kids that will be there for a year, or do you throw it a 4 star 18 year old who could be swayed with money on the table like that and be around 3 or 4 years?  Honestly they probably have the cash to do both.  

If the kid used that to get more money from the green and gold group then he's got a future in sales.

The dollars rolling around amaze me. The signing in day ( in ??Feb) closed the deal. Now, even after the early signing day, players are recommitting and going elsewhere. Why? More money? Following one of the 100 M coaches who are moving?

The media makes money off this too… each paper and each click of the mouse/finger. I read somewhere that the LearField (that I love and listen to for free) made $330 M off college football alone. Not sure that is fact checked.

Like I said, maybe we should go back to Memorial Stadium and sit outside.  Remember what Japan’s General Yamamoto said after Pearl Harbor? “ I fear all we have done is to waken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1